2slo95fiveOhs 1994 GT rebuild...UPDATE 5-2! Forged shortblock, fuel upgrades!

OP
OP

2slo95fiveoh

Reaction score
UPDATE!
Well to say that I have been busy would be an understatement. My senior year for my bachelors degree is not letting up anytime soon, so I guess the mustang will just get driven sparingly until I graduate in may.
I haven't done a whole lot to the car since the last update. Just driving it on nice days when I can, and going to various racing around town (both legal and frowned upon).
Big news though, I'm a member of the 11 second club!
http://rs444.pbsrc.com/albums/qq163...3_221617_zps1ec43fd3.jpg~320x480?t=1416802920
11.96 felt pretty good! The car still has some left in it, especially with the launch, but I'll have to wait until next season.

punched281

Reaction score
Congrats on the time! Boo for the link! I thought I was getting to watch an 11 sec pass! You tease...

eesjunin

Reaction score
Cool project!...doing the same here!
COuld you tell me where you got the coolant expansion tank? thanks!

Mrstangerbanger

Reaction score
Very beautiful car man and great job on all the work you have done. I love color and the stance for sure. 120 plus mph is in the 10s if you can get your 60 foot down. Also are you running 31 spline axles and a stock t5 or Tremec? Opps never mind just seen you have a Tremec my bad. Also did you have to swap the 42lb injectors out for 60s with that power? I maxed mine out at around 450rwhp so just curious if you upped your fuel pressure or are running 60s? I didint go back and rear through the complete thread so im sure you did.

OP
OP

2slo95fiveoh

Reaction score
Thanks man. Sorry for the late response, been crazy busy.
Still have the stock 28 spline traction lok and axles.. I'll upgrade to 31 spline when they break. Ha.
Tremec TKO is still holding strong.
Still using the 42 lb injectors, upped fuel pressure to 38 psi at idle if I remember right. Might have to increase to 60 lb soon though..
Very beautiful car man and great job on all the work you have done. I love color and the stance for sure. 120 plus mph is in the 10s if you can get your 60 foot down. Also are you running 31 spline axles and a stock t5 or Tremec? Opps never mind just seen you have a Tremec my bad. Also did you have to swap the 42lb injectors out for 60s with that power? I maxed mine out at around 450rwhp so just curious if you upped your fuel pressure or are running 60s? I didint go back and rear through the complete thread so im sure you did.

OP
OP

2slo95fiveoh

Reaction score
UPDATE!!!!
Whew.. Finished school, started my career, now more time for the toys!

I finally bit the bullet and bought a used built shortblock for my car! A4 block (4 bolt mains), forged crank, Carrillo rods, JE 8.5 to 1 pistons... For now I think I'll get my 165cc trickflow tw heads ported, use the same systemax intake, and put the next smaller pulley (2.75") on my vortech and let her eat.. Then after a little while upgrade the heads and switch to single turbo.. Pics soon to come!

Mrstangerbanger

Reaction score
UPDATE!
I finally got around to mounting my new Mickey Thompson ET street II tires..
The comparison:

The Mickey Thompsons almost seem like they are a touch wider on the wheel than the old BFG drag radials. It is nice seeing the rear tires with tread on them for a change!

Then I decided to take the car for a cruise and then I stopped and had a mini photoshoot with it:

Questions/Comments welcome!
Love it did you have to roll your fenders? I just went with a 305 BFG and they hook amazing but wanted bigger but was scared to roll my fenders after spending all this money on paint and body work.

OP
OP

2slo95fiveoh

Reaction score
Love it did you have to roll your fenders? I just went with a 305 BFG and they hook amazing but wanted bigger but was scared to roll my fenders after spending all this money on paint and body work.

Yeah I rolled the fenders before paint. I haven't had any issues thus far. I think I included that somewhere in this whole thread. Ha

OP
OP

2slo95fiveoh

Reaction score
Whew! It's been a long time!
Long story short, stock shortblock was starting to smoke during WOT more and more, so I decided to buy a built shortblock I found on corral. It's an older Ford A4 block (4 bolt mains on center 3 caps) with an older boss crank, Carrillo rods, and JE forged low compression pistons. Previous owner said the shortblock only had 10 passes on it, but I took it to my machine shop anyway to have it checked out, and I'm glad I did..

All main and rod bearings looked like hell, and the cam bearings weren't much better, so I had them go through it, hone, new rings, bearings, etc.

After I got it back:

Ready for heads:

Turns out my trickflow tw heads wouldnt work with these new pistons, which is probably for the better since they were 165cc heads, which may be a little small for the boost/power levels I'm aiming for.. So new AFR 185s fit the bill:

Put on, along with a new Canton 7 quart oil pan:

OP
OP

2slo95fiveoh

Reaction score
Back at home:

This blower pulley should get a few more pounds of boost from the S-trim.. I'm hoping for 20 psi, while I hunt down a T-trim or YSI.

New fuel upgrades: Pro-m racing hat, 340lph pump, filter, aeromotive fuel rails, and regulator..

New AN8 feed and AN6 return lines and fittings are on their way shipping to me now. I hope to have the car up and running and get some miles on it soon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
STANGFLOYD

Members online