2v/4v question?

josh0092002

Reaction score
hey whats the max hp/tq a stock 96-98 2vgt an 4vcobra motor can take, an what all is involved in swaping a 4vmotor in a gt? thanks you guys

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
They both will handle about the same hp in stock form since they share similar weak rods/pistons.

Now if both have forged internals then the 4V will make more power but a 2V can easily make 500+ hp with a blower.

QTRHRSE

Reaction score
swapping a 4-valve in a gt is simple, if its a cobra motor. Just drop it in LOL

but if its an Aviator or Marauder its a little more involed, like the intake, timing cover, exhaust, etc. are different.

OP
OP
J

josh0092002

Reaction score
ok well i guess the main question is, i have regular gt 4.6, thats starting to give me some problems so i figured i would just go ahead and start my engine build up. so really what iam after is a better bang for the buck. would it be better/cheaper to just rebuild my current engine, an do a ported pi head swap or 4vhead swap, or just do the whole cobra engine swap. my main problem is i have to many ideas an not enough money. lol any an all help would be great

QTRHRSE

Reaction score
well if you can find a good price on a 4-valve i would go for it...

but they are more expensive to build... although by the time you spend the money to rebuild and go PI swap you coulda bought a stock 4V.

A bolt-on 4-valve will outrun a PI swapped bolt-on 2V anyday...

plus as you get money later on, the potential of the engine is greater.

Of course if your gonna build the shortblock of the 2V then it would be a harder decision, more money now, but stronger later.
and if yuou do rebuild what you have stay 2V, its much harder to do a 4V headswap on a 2V, alot of stuff is different.

voidfinger

Reaction score
just save a little or get the money somewhere and do the 4v motor swap, and use the gt wiring and computer and get it tuned... case closed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinastang78

Members online