300 RWHP mark?

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
ok, so i'm taking it that the 00 stang is 5.4 2v and the last one is a 4.6 4V?

I really like the 5.4 2v one :)

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
voidfinger said:
ok, so i'm taking it that the 00 stang is 5.4 2v and the last one is a 4.6 4V?

I really like the 5.4 2v one :)

yes correct..the 4.6 4 valve turbo is the one that beats the 17 psi supercharged + 100 shot cobra at the end.

Theyre both orange I beleive.

I was just saying that the lsx series are beatable. Especially in a goat.

The turbo stangs both would beat the TT ls2 gto. My point.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Why does every realistic fantasy buildthread turn into a 5.4 4v twin turbo build thread? That's a ton of work and 15-20k before you're done, lol

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
lol i hear ya... i think the 5.4 2v is the simple one... i'll probably go with that... and custom make a turbo set up for it :blah2:

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have my turbo here, I think it will be really easy to build a hotside for it, if you aren't worried about it being pretty.

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
J.R. said:
I have my turbo here, I think it will be really easy to build a hotside for it, if you aren't worried about it being pretty.

Not really, just thinking about what to do with headers... i want some front mount headers but i'll probably have to have a tubular k and stuff.... but yea, i can make the kit no problem and its gonna look like a hot mess, but polish it out and powdercoat it and it should be nice..... maybe a single 70 or 76 on there... sounds nice.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
voidfinger said:
J.R. said:

Not really, just thinking about what to do with headers... i want some front mount headers but i'll probably have to have a tubular k and stuff.... but yea, i can make the kit no problem and its gonna look like a hot mess, but polish it out and powdercoat it and it should be nice..... maybe a single 70 or 76 on there... sounds nice.

I'm thinking stock manifolds, just flip the tubes so they run forward, under the stock K should have about 4 inches of clearance there, then bring it up front, Y it and mount your snail!

Hack, yes, but effective and doable? I dunno, easy enought o find out though. Most people run screaming from turbo's because of the K member thing, I figure this would apeal to the DIY'er that is more worried about function than form.

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
J.R. said:
voidfinger said:
J.R. said:

I'm thinking stock manifolds, just flip the tubes so they run forward, under the stock K should have about 4 inches of clearance there, then bring it up front, Y it and mount your snail!

Hack, yes, but effective and doable? I dunno, easy enought o find out though. Most people run screaming from turbo's because of the K member thing, I figure this would apeal to the DIY'er that is more worried about function than form.

Well i thought about doing it that way back in the day... I just wonder how efficient it is going to be... also the fact that the car is lowered.. and that little k member brace slash oil pan saver has taken some mighty big hits... enough to dent in the middle about 1"... so i'm just wonding how long those pipes are gonna last under the k member. but yea, that should be that had but since i can probably get a k for around 300... or so... I'm thinking that AGK or AJK or something like that where you can use the factory a arms, coil springs, and what not but have the room and then get some foward mount headers... shouldn't be too bad...

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
I know what you mean, it's my concern too. I was thinking of usins some Spinteck oval pipe to help it out. i need to get this new car so i can check it out in detail though.

If I remeber right, there's a fair amount of space on the passenger side though.

Or i could always do a remotoe mount..

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
was a remotoe mount??? ... i don't know, unless i can hook this turbo up cheaply... i'm just gonna go with a 12:1 CR, Ported Head, Bumpy Cam, Hardball'r, longtubes, forged, and 200 wet shot... and tune lol. If i can hook the toobing and all other mod then fine. But shoot me a pic of the mounts or whatever. I would like to see.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Remote mount is sticking it in the back somewhere, more piping, but you don't have to mess with much in the enigne compartment, just pipe the boost back forward.

http://www.ststurbo.com/

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
the single set up looks gay on that stang and from the pics... .where is the gas tank gonna gooo??? but an idea none the less.... my main consernse about that....

1) oil issues..., thats a long way for oil to travel.
2) that to make it dual exaust is also "GAY"
3) Won't all that toobing loose boost?
4) Filter mounted behind the rear tire??? come on!!!
5) what would happen if you hit a bump and somehow knocked a pipe a loose ...

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
voidfinger said:
the single set up looks gay on that stang and from the pics... .where is the gas tank gonna gooo??? but an idea none the less.... my main consernse about that....

1) oil issues..., thats a long way for oil to travel.
2) that to make it dual exaust is also "GAY"
3) Won't all that toobing loose boost?
4) Filter mounted behind the rear tire??? come on!!!
5) what would happen if you hit a bump and somehow knocked a pipe a loose ...

Lol, I only linked to to show you what is there. I wouldn't build my own quite that way either, but it is an option.

1. Oil pump with low pressure shut off switch
2. I would just stick a turbo flange on each pipe, then, less gay
3 Yes, it would lose 2-3 lbs, but no underhood heat...
4 Lame, one of the thing's I would change
5 It would fall off :dunno:

nesqwick_05

Reaction score
ive never heard any1 have an issue with an sts kit...if your hitting bumps hard enough to knock a tube lose, you are probably just as likely to knock the rest of your exhaust lose, and if i believe the filter is by the tire for best airflow... the guys where not stupid when they put the kit together.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
nes said:
ive never heard any1 have an issue with an sts kit...if your hitting bumps hard enough to knock a tube lose, you are probably just as likely to knock the rest of your exhaust lose, and if i believe the filter is by the tire for best airflow... the guys where not stupid when they put the kit together.
I haven't either, but I'm still not buying a turbo kit, lol.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online