315's and rolling the fenders

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
not sure how they did it but when I picked up my black bullets used from craigs list they came with sumitomo 335s. They fit with no rubbing till I was in a medium hard corner and then you would hear it but this was at stock ride height back then as well.

OP
OP
F

from6to8

Reaction score
You can reply to any thread you wish but you can always reference old threads by posting links to them in your new thread! Stay away from the 351m/400m (if that's what you meant by 351(400) they're boat anchors and you'd be screwed. Stick with a Windsor based engine for parts compatibility and to make life easier.

To answer your fitment question with absolute certainty;

18x9.5" with 6.25" backspacing 275/285 tire

18x11" with 6.75" backspacing 305/315 tire

That came directly from John @ CCW. You're welcome.

Going to use a Dart block and a 3.750 crank. Just text my builder to get an update on what we talked about last since it's been awhile and just to bring me back up to speed.

Using a Dart block will my brackets bolt up just as they would to a block out of a Bronco? I definitely still want to run my AC and everything no doubt.

Thanks for the info on the wheels and tires and backspacing but I'm still not really familiar with backspacing so I will read up on them. Not really an issue right now because I will run my 18x9 and 18x10 saleen wheels on my 95 and just go with 315s on the rear. I've always ran 265s up front but see some folks run 275s from reading up over past few weeks.

Few other questions i jotted down for you about your setup is looks like you used the stock radiator? No flow problems or heating up?
And looks like you notched your hood for specific spots to clear the intake. I have to do some measurments and got a method to test for hood clearance. My wrecked car has the cervini's stalker hood with about i believe between a 2-2 1/2 inch rise, somewhere in between and the car I bought has the Cobra R hood and I think it has a 3 inch rise. I need to test to see if my stalker hood will work before I sell the other car. If not I'll make adjustments as neccessary because the cobra R hood they made some changes to it and it also has a stripped out bracket mounting hole or holes and they have bolts in it but also has some epoxy around all bolts and stuff on that side............SMDH.

OP
OP
F

from6to8

Reaction score
not sure how they did it but when I picked up my black bullets used from craigs list they came with sumitomo 335s. They fit with no rubbing till I was in a medium hard corner and then you would hear it but this was at stock ride height back then as well.
Yeah stock ride height with that tire would make all the difference in the world lol

Reaction score
You can reply to any thread you wish but you can always reference old threads by posting links to them in your new thread! Stay away from the 351m/400m (if that's what you meant by 351(400) they're boat anchors and you'd be screwed. Stick with a Windsor based engine for parts compatibility and to make life easier.

To answer your fitment question with absolute certainty;

18x9.5" with 6.25" backspacing 275/285 tire

18x11" with 6.75" backspacing 305/315 tire

That came directly from John @ CCW. You're welcome.

But the real question is what about the front?

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Going to use a Dart block and a 3.750 crank. Just text my builder to get an update on what we talked about last since it's been awhile and just to bring me back up to speed.

Using a Dart block will my brackets bolt up just as they would to a block out of a Bronco? I definitely still want to run my AC and everything no doubt.

You can use your factory SN95 accesory brackets with a longer belt

Thanks for the info on the wheels and tires and backspacing but I'm still not really familiar with backspacing so I will read up on them. Not really an issue right now because I will run my 18x9 and 18x10 saleen wheels on my 95 and just go with 315s on the rear. I've always ran 265s up front but see some folks run 275s from reading up over past few weeks.

You will be just fine with the 315's if you remove [or flip?] the quad shocks, also check tire to tail pipe clearance. This usually isn't an issue but can be different case to case.

Few other questions i jotted down for you about your setup is looks like you used the stock radiator?

Yes

No flow problems or heating up?

Not yet, but I haven't pushed it to the limits just yet either.

And looks like you notched your hood for specific spots to clear the intake. I have to do some measurments and got a method to test for hood clearance. My wrecked car has the cervini's stalker hood with about i believe between a 2-2 1/2 inch rise, somewhere in between and the car I bought has the Cobra R hood and I think it has a 3 inch rise. I need to test to see if my stalker hood will work before I sell the other car. If not I'll make adjustments as neccessary because the cobra R hood they made some changes to it and it also has a stripped out bracket mounting hole or holes and they have bolts in it but also has some epoxy around all bolts and stuff on that side............SMDH.

I had a clearance issue due to the 1" intake spacer that isn't necessary any longer. You may or may not have an issue, again, case by case basis.

where did white95GT go lol

They put me on nights for unit start-up coverage and emergency operations at work due to the flooding in southern Louisiana.

white95 Yo presence is required

HERE I COME TO SAVE THE DAAAAAAAAY

lol, josef is probably busy doing life stuff at the moment

You hit the nail on the head!

0D5C3838-8BC6-42E4-99B3-64B58D016605_zpsqaiyxqqs.jpg

6D8796BE-6937-440C-911A-2B7B026C3058_zpshryiaal3.jpg

D692103A-0742-4A99-81D1-B9EB7E8384C0_zpsy5cox9um.jpg

56F2DF4B-1C7B-4E01-8FDE-B4D3C94F7E06_zpsocu7pq06.jpg

Like working 120 hrs a week?

Someone has to do it!

Mustanger

Reaction score
Stay dry! Hope all goes well....the first picture at first glance looked like a pile of snow not water! The reflection of the clouds fooled me for a minute! LOL...Good pic of a bad event.

Nighttrain

Reaction score
You can use your factory SN95 accesory brackets with a longer belt

You will be just fine with the 315's if you remove [or flip?] the quad shocks, also check tire to tail pipe clearance. This usually isn't an issue but can be different case to case.

Yes

Not yet, but I haven't pushed it to the limits just yet either.

I had a clearance issue due to the 1" intake spacer that isn't necessary any longer. You may or may not have an issue, again, case by case basis.

They put me on nights for unit start-up coverage and emergency operations at work due to the flooding in southern Louisiana.

HERE I COME TO SAVE THE DAAAAAAAAY

You hit the nail on the head!

0D5C3838-8BC6-42E4-99B3-64B58D016605_zpsqaiyxqqs.jpg

6D8796BE-6937-440C-911A-2B7B026C3058_zpshryiaal3.jpg

D692103A-0742-4A99-81D1-B9EB7E8384C0_zpsy5cox9um.jpg

56F2DF4B-1C7B-4E01-8FDE-B4D3C94F7E06_zpsocu7pq06.jpg

Someone has to do it!

Stay outta the gator infested water! I got an outage coming the end of september. 20 days of 16 hr shifts.....ill hate life by the end but $10k+ pay check will be nice! New stang here i come!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online