4.2 stroker help

hotroddtiger

Reaction score
Hey everyone I'm new to this group I have a 95 ford mustang 3.8 block this motor has been stroked out to a 4.2 have super coupe also bored .40 over . heads stock injectors cold air intake with a throttle body spacer. Stage 1 trans with a 1800 stall 8.8 rear end with 3.55 I am looking to see if anyone has happend to be able put a tune in same engine with a SCT tuner I bought one and looking for files that will make the car work a better it's very sluggish on take of thanks for the help

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Just do yourself a big favor and go get the car dyno tuned. A tuner guy can nail the cars problem and line it out to where itll run good.

Keep in mind that you upped the displacement from 3.8l and the computer can not compensate for the extra cubes .

OP
OP
H

hotroddtiger

Reaction score
Just do yourself a big favor and go get the car dyno tuned. A tuner guy can nail the cars problem and line it out to where itll run good.

Keep in mind that you upped the displacement from 3.8l and the computer can not compensate for the extra cubes .
Makes total sense is there anything I can change for upper plenum or another computer that you would recommend

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Anytime you change an engine parameter, such as timing, displacement, valve events like camshaft,....the stock computer is lost. Dyno tuning is the best solution. Getting a dyno tune isnt cheap either. Be sure your desired engine modifications are complete to maximize the cost benefit of dyno tuning.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online