4.2 v6 + m112 Supercharger

2lowsn

Reaction score
I've heard v6's that sound pretty damn good. Should sound great OP.

belber095

Legend
Reaction score
i love mine cause that's what i got :p
definitely took it to the next level though dude, you too jeremy

chrisv_10

Reaction score
Most people here won't like how it sounds most likely because at the end of the day, it's a v6. it'll sound super mean at idle, but they get higher up at the top. I think we sound much better in the car than out of the car. But who cares when you're blowing the doors off the next guy ;p

OP, we have another 4.3 build going on, the forged 4.3 stroker, plans are for a vortech and about 400 horse.

You're not alone :) I love the uniquness of the V6.

Yeah, I've heard 3.8s that don't sound too good. I used to have one. lol. But, I've never heard a 4.2! I heard a chevy van with a v6 4.3 i think?? that had flowmasters and it sounded pretty mean!

OP
OP
Orange 94

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I could post an exhaust video if people like... but it will have to wait until xmas when I fly home. As for the sound... It has a mild cam in it so I think it has a nice rumbly sound :) The car vibrates at idle pretty good and its hard to talk at times haha, i always try to turn down my radio but thy radio isnt even on... its the sounds of the car haha. It definety sounds nicer at idle, but I think it has a nice running sound for a v6! It doesnt sound like any v6 ive ever heard before. It definetly doesnt sound like a v8 but i think its a pretty great sound out of a v6

And monkey what are you talking about the sound at the top end? you cant hear it over the supercharger :) i love that sound so much... :)

Now I'm wondering what the exhaust sounds like on video. :p

OP
OP
Orange 94

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I've heard 3.8s that don't sound too good. I used to have one. lol. But, I've never heard a 4.2! I heard a chevy van with a v6 4.3 i think?? that had flowmasters and it sounded pretty mean!

My friend had a 4.3 in his 86 chevy step side... It wasnt very healthy and definitely didnt sound nice... but now he has a nice crate 350 which is muccchhh better! but yes the 3.8 doesnt usually sound that nice...

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Ha, I doesnt have a whine, so I just hear the motor :)

Anyhow, for those wondering, here's my exhaust, I need to get a drive by video one day, will pick up the note much better, but at idle, this is pretty much it haha.
[video]http://www.facebook.com/v/3208634741298[/video]

Yes, jammin to Marvin Gaye there at the end haha

belber095

Legend
Reaction score

Anyhow, for those wondering, here's my exhaust, I need to get a drive by video one day, will pick up the note much better, but at idle, this is pretty much it haha.

ha "believed to be stock mufflers"

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
There's some debate, some say they're mac, I thought they were stock sn95 cobras, regardless, they aren't super loud lol.

belber095

Legend
Reaction score
There's some debate, some say they're mac, I thought they were stock sn95 cobras, regardless, they aren't super loud lol.
you should get some slp loudmouths! i'm still torn between those and fm 44's..
but your car might be able to pull em off without sounding too rice

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
exactly. If it gets much louder it won't sound good. I think its a perfect mix now.

OP
OP
Orange 94

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
what kinda exhaust setup do you have with this car?

dual mac catbacks.

I really like the idle! yours does change alot from idle to where you give it a bit of gas. Sounds good! I think mine sounds very different, but at the same time I have no idea what it would sound like on a video? :p

Ps I really like your interior! I was going to try painting pieces of my interior but i was scared that it would look rice-y and cheap. Yours looks really nice though!!! Everything on your car looks really clean and well done!

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks man! Most people complain about the interior. I like it though, so it stays haha :)

I don't like how that video picked up my top end, I think it sounds much different in real life haha. I LOVE YOUR CAR!

belber095

Legend
Reaction score
Thanks man! Most people complain about the interior. I like it though, so it stays haha :)

I don't like how that video picked up my top end, I think it sounds much different in real life haha. I LOVE YOUR CAR!
that's cause he's the only other guy with a 4.2 you've met :p
but yeah i really like those accents too jeremy. i was trying to decide what color bezels will look good with my set up and i'm thinking maybe silver or something. would you mind PMing me a picture of your seats in the car? i wanna see :)

and i don't think exhaust videos ever do setups any justice, especially on v6's. Microphones tend to pick up the most prevalent sounds, but it's the tones it doesn't pick up that makes v6 duals sound good.

OP
OP
Orange 94

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
My BEAUTIFUL hood!!!

xlVNLl.jpg

oZ4bVl.jpg

It will hopefully get redone soon....

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
what do you aim to redo on it? If you need help with fiberglass stuff, I'm the guy. I build yachts for a living lol

LilRoush

Reaction score
this is the first m112 supercharged aerobody sn95 i've ever seen. looks effin badass dude. i'll be lucky if my m90 looks half as good

The second V6 Mustang to ever run the M112 was Nathan's from MySteedPerformance (pics on his website). It's an early SN95.

nice! The tbody actually worked pretty good. Mostly just had to play around with sensors that would fit and work, just like the rest of the project haha. The 3.8 is very similar to the 4.2 but there is a lot of mixing and matching and a little bit of modifying.

The 3.8L is almost exactly the same as the 4.2. They just use different cranks.

Who's boxed intake did you use? Why the choice of meth prior to having it tuned? You might not need it.

OP
OP
Orange 94

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The second V6 Mustang to ever run the M112 was Nathan's from MySteedPerformance (pics on his website). It's an early SN95.

The 3.8L is almost exactly the same as the 4.2. They just use different cranks.

Who's boxed intake did you use? Why the choice of meth prior to having it tuned? You might not need it.

Yes the 3.8 and the 4.2 are very similar and a fairly nice swap. But there is a few things that need to played around with. Mostly mixing and matching parts from both engines, like sensors.

The plate was from SSM (super six motorsports). And im doing meth because I cannot inter-cool. The supercharger heats up so much after the first pass that it retards the system a lot for the passes afterwards.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinastang78

Members online