4.2 v6 + m112 Supercharger

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
tCXzHl.jpg

This is my 4.2 v6 from a 98 f150 with the m112 supercharger. Fun project, just wanted to share under v6 thread.

I have a quick post about the rest of the project: http://sn95forums.com/showthread.php?53944-Orange-1994-Mustang-Project-Pictures

belber095

Legend
Reaction score
any reason you went with a 4.2 v6 rather than a 4.6 v8? uniqueness factor maybe? just gonna throw this out there too: this is the first m112 supercharged aerobody sn95 i've ever seen. looks effin badass dude. i'll be lucky if my m90 looks half as good

OP
OP
Orange 94

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Mostly the uniqueness factory. I didn't really consider the 4.6. It was mostly between this and a 5.0. The v6 has decent gas mileage, less weight and especially with the supercharger can keep up to a v8. I love the look on peoples faces when they hear the supercharger or see whats under the hood. Most people assume its just the 3.8 from the badges on the side.

There was a few guys in the states that had done the project when started, but yeah its a pretty uncommon set up.

belber095

Legend
Reaction score
Mostly the uniqueness factory. I didn't really consider the 4.6. It was mostly between this and a 5.0. The v6 has decent gas mileage, less weight and especially with the supercharger can keep up to a v8. I love the look on peoples faces when they hear the supercharger or see whats under the hood. Most people assume its just the 3.8 from the badges on the side.

There was a few guys in the states that had done the project when started, but yeah its a pretty uncommon set up.

That's what I'm most looking forward to. Having a car that can keep up with if not beat a gt with 3.8 badges :D

tapatalkin'

OP
OP
Orange 94

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
yes :) I had the car dyno'd with the 4.2 by itself and it put out 199whp and it wasnt runnig completely 100%, few top end issues. But 199whp plus the less weight would give a stock gt a run for its money...

OP
OP
Orange 94

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
No, I havent yet. I'm going to put a meth kit on it to cool it down and in the spring go get in properly tuned. It should be 300whp.

belber095

Legend
Reaction score
No, I havent yet. I'm going to put a meth kit on it to cool it down and in the spring go get in properly tuned. It should be 300whp.
or more, depending on your tune.

29967150005_large.jpg

^that's the m90 setup i'm looking into. i'm kinda iffy on it simply because of all the custom work i'd have to do to have everything working well. did you have to do any custom work on the tbody or any of the intercooler tubing with the m112?

edit: forgot you don't have intercooler yet lol, nevermind about that.

OP
OP
Orange 94

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
nice! The tbody actually worked pretty good. Mostly just had to play around with sensors that would fit and work, just like the rest of the project haha. The 3.8 is very similar to the 4.2 but there is a lot of mixing and matching and a little bit of modifying.

belber095

Legend
Reaction score
nice! The tbody actually worked pretty good. Mostly just had to play around with sensors that would fit and work, just like the rest of the project haha. The 3.8 is very similar to the 4.2 but there is a lot of mixing and matching and a little bit of modifying.

Alright cool. I've been throwing around the idea for a little while. Can't decide if I should go FI or NA

tapatalkin'

mikey94gt

Reaction score
That's a way cool build man... Love seeing the unique stuff.

the.greg

Reaction score
Cool build, I think the meth will help you a lot with heatsoak. Its a bit challenging to tune with meth, but its worth it. I use a snow performance meth kit and the easiest way for me to obtain the meth is from American Muscle.com and buy the 4pack of 1 gallon jugs of boost juice. It took me a while to figure that out, hope it helps you. Congrats on the unique build!

OP
OP
Orange 94

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I hope everything goes good with the meth kit... And thanks for the tip for buying meth, ive heard you can also use window washer fluid and its basically just as good?

Monkey: that would be a cool project to bore it out! If i had some more money during building the engine i should have done that plus forged pistons and rods :p

the.greg

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I hope everything goes good with the meth kit... And thanks for the tip for buying meth, ive heard you can also use window washer fluid and its basically just as good?
:p
If you use windshield washer fluid, you must either find -20degree fluid with nothing added(bug splat cleaner, added scents etc) which is hard to find in some areas. You can use 0 degree fluid or even 32 degree fluid, but you have to add bottles of HEAT to it(100%methyl alcohol) to bring the mixture as close to 50/50 meth/water ratio. The Boost Juice is already 50/50 and is just alot simpler and actually was cheaper for me than mixing it myself.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
How does she sound? exhaust video!!!

Most people here won't like how it sounds most likely because at the end of the day, it's a v6. it'll sound super mean at idle, but they get higher up at the top. I think we sound much better in the car than out of the car. But who cares when you're blowing the doors off the next guy ;p

OP, we have another 4.3 build going on, the forged 4.3 stroker, plans are for a vortech and about 400 horse.

You're not alone :) I love the uniquness of the V6.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online