4.6 EGR Delete help

blackdemon007

Reaction score
Ok so I'm in process of deleting my EGR system.

I know you need to cap off the header bung and install a block off plate for the EGR itself.
But I can't find any information on the electronics and vacuum lines.

What can you just delete/unhook and what needs plugged etc?

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
The vacuum lines can be re-routed to completely remove the egr stuff from the system. Post some pictures of the stock vacuum setup and I can help guide you with that. The plugs will just kind of hang there after they are unplugged. You have to cap the header. Then you can remove the egr valve, solenoid, and related crap. You will have a check engine light if you don't disable it in a tune.

OP
OP
blackdemon007

blackdemon007

Reaction score
Had the header cap and block plate made at work.
Lucky for me I work for an aerospace/defense manufacturing plant and I got this all for free.
Made up the designs and had one of our guys machine them up.

OP
OP
blackdemon007

blackdemon007

Reaction score
The vacuum lines can be re-routed to completely remove the egr stuff from the system. Post some pictures of the stock vacuum setup and I can help guide you with that. The plugs will just kind of hang there after they are unplugged. You have to cap the header. Then you can remove the egr valve, solenoid, and related crap. You will have a check engine light if you don't disable it in a tune.

As for the vacuum lines here is a photo of the lines I'm worried about.

It appears like you can just delete the two lines all together.

OP
OP
blackdemon007

blackdemon007

Reaction score
Why are you deleting it? Because it's just too ugly?

Don't Sext and Drive.

Reason #1 is I broke one of the tubes that branches off into EGR Valve Sensor and therefore a whole new tube is about $50 for the cheapest I found and still not guaranteed to fit, since I have aftermarket long tubes.

Also it is very difficult to work around and serves no purpose other than to recirculate exhaust gas back into intake without being filtered.

Nuttinbutcrumbs

Reaction score
Reason #1 is I broke one of the tubes that branches off into EGR Valve Sensor and therefore a whole new tube is about $50 for the cheapest I found and still not guaranteed to fit, since I have aftermarket long tubes.

Also it is very difficult to work around and serves no purpose other than to recirculate exhaust gas back into intake without being filtered.

Got ya. I replaced my egr not too long ago (stock headers) and I had issues. I bought a BWD and it didn't fit, the mounting surface was way too thick so there was no way to bolt it down. I thought maybe that I got the crappy one out of the day's production so I took it back and got another BWD. It didn't fit either, same issue. So I took that one back and got a refund. I went to "the zone" and bought a cheaper duralast and it worked.
So, if anyone needing a new egr and happens to stumble upon this, don't get a BWD. Sorry for pooping on your thread OP.

Don't Sext and Drive.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
As for the vacuum lines here is a photo of the lines I'm worried about.

It appears like you can just delete the two lines all together.

Sorry about the late reply! You are correct, those 2 lines can be removed all together. If you look at you vacuum system, follow those 2 lines to where they meet a rubber connector. They just pull out of the rubber. You can then re-plumb your lines to plug existing vacuum lines in those holes. If you need more guidance, take a picture of the whole vacuum line system and ill see if I can get more precise with my wording. I don't like egr stuff either. Its all ugly, awkward, and makes everything inside dirty! who needs that crap.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online