4 point roll cage for hill climb

Algilmer

Reaction score
I am wondering if I can modify my CAM T Autocross sn95 with a 4 point roll cage kit so I can also race in hill climb events with SCCA. Anyone have a thought about this?

4140D608-9611-4E9D-B9D7-A374E54524E9.jpeg

Gregomatic

Reaction score
Welcome buddy, nice lil stallion ya got there.

I know I'd feel safer with a cage if I was going to do any racing, but adding hills? Sounds like a no brainer to me.
Ya know, I never really associated anything Mustang with anything hill climbing, but anything IS possible.
I had a friend Keith Krumm who mated his '73 Ford Maverick to a monster mudder frame. The floorboard was chin high. It looked like a freakin grasshopper. It did great in the pit, he won trophies, so I'm not knocking the hill climbing aspiration you have.
If you install the cage in preparation/anticipation, what all are you contemplating doing to the suspension before you take it to the hills?

Once you journey into this, you GOTTA post PICS!!

Good luck!
Grego

OP
OP
Algilmer

Algilmer

Reaction score
SCCA requires at least a 4 point roll cage for all hillclimb cars. I currently race in the local autocross club. I would like to do both. It seems that the 4 point roll cage is going to be the simplest installation for the car. I will keep updates on this forum as I get closer to hill climb racing.

95opal

Reaction score
Welcome buddy, nice lil stallion ya got there.

I know I'd feel safer with a cage if I was going to do any racing, but adding hills? Sounds like a no brainer to me.
Ya know, I never really associated anything Mustang with anything hill climbing, but anything IS possible.
I had a friend Keith Krumm who mated his '73 Ford Maverick to a monster mudder frame. The floorboard was chin high. It looked like a freakin grasshopper. It did great in the pit, he won trophies, so I'm not knocking the hill climbing aspiration you have.
If you install the cage in preparation/anticipation, what all are you contemplating doing to the suspension before you take it to the hills?

Once you journey into this, you GOTTA post PICS!!

Good luck!
Grego

One of my fav hill climb vids

Reaction score
A 4 point rollbar will work, But personally when I get a customer and they want a 4 point I normally get them to do a 6 point with swing outs. The car is much more ridge and the swing outs can be removed for day to day driving with two thumb actuated pins. Just a thought

Gregomatic

Reaction score
Thanks for the vid Opal. I'd imagined steeper hills.
So you don't have to raise the suspension any?

Hey Mustang Guy, how much more do 6 point run over 4 point?

Ya know, I'm not really aspiring to be a racer, but I sure am having fun learning about it. Although, I will say after reading the Solo rules at the Kansas City Region, I'm thinking about just going down and seeing if I pay for a weekend membership (15.00) if they'd just let me help out.

Thanks for the fun info guys.

Reaction score
A pre-bent kit 4 vs 6 point Isn't that much different in price. The biggest difference would be the labor cost. If you are just doing this at an entry-level deal, Just do the 4 point bar. If you can find a bolt-in bar that's what I would do. Maximum motorsports have both 4 and 6 point bolt-in bars, But they are not cheap in price but not in quality. Real quick you can make a weld in a bolt-in. You can always pm me to talk about outlining a build or just anything in general. Long-winded answer lol.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online