4300k, 5000k or 6000k hid?

94yellowgt5.0

Reaction score
hi i just ordered some smoked headlamps and have decided to get an hid kit. i was just wondering what websites supply the easiest diy kits and the cheapest. I am also stuck on what kit to get. i want to get the brightest white light i can get. i think maybe the 4300k isnt white enough and the 6000k has to much blue in it so maybe i will get a 5000k kit so does anybody have any advice on installing a hid kit and is it worth getting and how much brighter will it be with smoked headlights than my stock headlights and headlamps. Also does anybody have any pictures of mustangs with 4300k, 5000k, or 6000k kits installed on their car would be great. thanks in advance.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
A lot of us got the 6K kit. Myself included.

My VVME.com kit was extremely simple to do but if you have to get a replacement bulb you will have to not only pay for the bulb but also the Harness.

Now i have heard some great things about DDM Tuning also. There are 2 or 3 threads on this subject also with pictures of smoked headlights. I myself started one of them.

CanaryGT

Reaction score
Are you really happy with your VVME? I have the 8000k and I like em a little blue, but anyway, I had to rewire the harness to make it to where my lights are not on high beam normally and I also still blind the hell out of people.

1Bad Snk

Reaction score
alot of the cheaper brands dont come with high and low beams...which wont pass an inspection here in NY...as far as brightest...i believe they come in 35 and 55 watts.....cheaper is going to be 35w..i had cheap plug and play 35w 8k on my 93....much brighter...they looked awesome,,i was very happy with them.....google mustang hid kits...youll find cheap ones......i found the one i had for $100 with a lifetime warranty...i believe it was wholesalehid.com......and as far as passing an inspection...it was easy enough to put the stock lights back in temporarily to have it inspected....unless u can have it inspected another way...if u know what i mean...i did

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online

No members online now.