4V performance ideas

ryclef331

Reaction score
Wesman said:
I say keep it N/A, and built it up. The 4V motors have a ton of potential with just bolt ons.

Nitrous is hard on the motor, I'd never spray a car unless it was a drag strip only car and I had another motor ready replace it with.

You're an ignorant misinformed person. I don't give a shit what happened your brother's bestfriend's uncle's neighbor's car either. Nitrous may HIT harder off the bat but it isn't ANY harder on a motor than ANY OTHER POWER ADDER OUT THERE WHEN DONE PROPERLY. STOP SPREADING YOUR LIES AND PROPAGANDA.

SPRAY it. Follow the instructions to the letter when installing the kit and you'll be FINE.

<---Sprayed a 125hp shot for 2 YEARS on a BONE STOCK 110,000 5.0 with hyperpathetic pistons....EVERY CHANCE I GOT.
You don't NEED a forged bottom end for 125-150 shot. If everything is installed correctly, you don't spray like an idiot (i.e. spraying below 3grand or in overdrive / 5th gear), and the car can provide enough fuel, you could spray that much on CAST pistons. Its BEEN DONE 1,000s of times.

jpajkos

Reaction score
I'LL RACE!!!

Wesman said:
GREG@SN95 said:
^don't listen to him...

he owns a chevy...

we own fords, we dont have to worry about our cars breaking or blowing up like him :hammer:

O yea?? Is that why my cousins 4.6 spun the bearings on the crank for no apparent reason and the dealer blamed it on his headers?? Because Fords are the best?? ::)

And my GM will piss on your Ford any day in a race ;)

blackfang

Reaction score
To build a fast and high hp 4V and staying NA will be very very costly. To get 450+ rwhp will take atleast 6k for a Big Bore kit, FR500 cams and some good heads and having the engine work done. it can be done, but it wont be cheap.

OP
OP
waltnono

waltnono

Reaction score
Well I'm not looking to be very fast but I want a motor that will hang with most new production sport cars. (vettes, sti,evo ect.) So i thought the idea of nitrous(nos :p) would best fit my driving style. I don't go to the strip or street racing a lot but I do get tested a lot @ the stop lights and sometimes I will run.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albertmarshall7752

Members online