4x4ing in the snow pics from today

Discussion in 'General Multimedia' started by 281powered, Nov 12, 2006.

1. 281powered

281powered Member

took the old exploder up to one of the local ski hills today were over the past week it's snowed like a bastard but was raining today so made for some tricky conditions. i was pretty impressed with this thing. i think the tires made a big diffrence in performance. these tires just chewd through the wet snow like it was nothing. i kicked up like a 15ft high rooster tail of snow ;D quit a few 4x4's were having trouble up there were as i was able to just truck on by with ease :thumb:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 95Grandtouring5.0

95Grandtouring5.0 Well-Known Member

Nice stuff, ive always liked 4x4ing in the snow,

3. AaRoN

AaRoN King Post Whore

+1

4. Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck Legend

YOU suck you had snow :'(

5. 95KBGT

95KBGT Legend

i hate snow

6. 94darkhorse

94darkhorse Legend

Looked fun.

7. Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck Legend

Paul, you are SERIOUSLY putting a damper on my festive mood :mad:

8. 95KBGT

95KBGT Legend

lmao i just hate christmas, i like what it stands for on a religious stand point, but usually any relationships i have end up falling apart, my family gets together and usually argues cause my moms sister only comes around for christmas so she can get a free meal and presents. and its effen cold out so i can never work on my car.

9. scarface

scarface Guest

Paul = The Grinch

10. 95KBGT

95KBGT Legend

hell ya i am, im ready for summer to come back..but chances are on christmas day i will be walking around in shorts and a tshirt like last christmas, its just lost all its warm fuzzy feeling like i had when i was a little kid. Everyone was happy, we always watched home alone, i got everything i wanted. Now we watch specials on TV, no one gets along, and i ask for money to pay off bills.

Maybe the feeling will come back once i have acouple youngins running around.

11. fords do not like to get stuck...

My pop's 87 f150... posi & 4x4 (all the wheels spin)(some cars dont have that) lol

well he took that to the beach... bald tires... and in front of him is a big ass lifted a good 8" chevy 1500 stuck in the sand... so some kid in a jeep went to go around and he got stuck... now the lil road thing is blocked... my pops ended up driving it on this embankment through this real fine loose sand and pulled right through... LOL

that truck has NEVER gotten stuck...

built ford tuff bitches

12. Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck Legend

Your a mean one :mad: :mad:

13. 281powered

281powered Member

ya i'm in the process of looking into lockers front and rear for this thing ;D should help out alot but i gotta do it with out the wife knowing since this is supposed to be the family vehicle that i'm not allowed to tamper with :-[

14. MeanGrn Gt

MeanGrn Gt Well-Known Member

do either arb air lockers or one of the various electric selectable lockers. Just hide the switch and she will never know :D . Lockers are nice just put one in my pickup. havent tested it too hard yet but so far so good.

15. monkeydude3

monkeydude3 Active Member

It's not like you are putting nitrous or something in it, lockers are going to benefit anyone who uses it off the clean pavement.

:)

16. MeanGrn Gt

MeanGrn Gt Well-Known Member

lockers can be tricky in icy conditions

17. ylw95gts

ylw95gts Member

Please keep it all up there?! If it snowed on Christmas then was 70 degrees the next day I'd be happy :thumb:

18. yah... I don't see a point in paying extra for 4x4 and only having 2 wheels spin... lol... or 3

19. vp6799

vp6799 Guest

I have an 02 X as my daily driver. I love this thing in the snow. Gonna pick up a set of BFG all-terrain's for the winter. :thumb: Even with bald tires on it last year, I never got stuck. I also have the 4X4 auto feature, so I don't have to click it into 4X4. It senses the rear wheels slip and kicks it in itself. :thumb: Plus leather, 3'rd row seating and rear air is an awesome plus.

If you haven't tried it yet, find a smooth paved open parking lot and try a good 4X4 donut. It's awesome. Unlike a rear wheel drive that spins you everywhere, 4X4 will keep you in a perfect circle. It feels like it was a setup lol.

ohh by the way, I would only recomend trying this on slippery snow and not dry pavement.

20. 281powered

281powered Member

4x4 auto is pretty good feature i must say and even nicer feature is to be able then to click 4x4 high or 4x4 low which is my fave ;D