5.0 Issue

svfetter

Reaction score
OK Gentlemen,

I am afraid I must revisit the spark knock. (95 GT - Auto - 55K Miles) Replaced both 02 sensors with correct Ford Part. Pings less but still there. Cleared all codes several times. Still Get 189 Code for lean condition bank 2 under acceleration. No Other codes. Looking for help. Thanks.

Steve Fetter
Louisville, KY

NYC94GT

Reaction score
svfetter said:
OK Gentlemen,

I am afraid I must revisit the spark knock. (95 GT - Auto - 55K Miles) Replaced both 02 sensors with correct Ford Part. Pings less but still there. Cleared all codes several times. Still Get 189 Code for lean condition bank 2 under acceleration. No Other codes. Looking for help. Thanks.

Steve Fetter
Louisville, KY
Check fuel pressure. If ok, check to see if you have any problems with fuel injectors. I had a very similar problem but the codes read "both banks". I replaced the MAS and that was that.

Schiffy

Reaction score
95Grandtouring5.0 said:
check your injectors, fuel pump, and mass air flow sensor.

Injectors yes... Fuel pump, not so much, more than one bank would be running lean, same with the airflow sensor... I would check the Fuel pressure regulator(or get one) or see if there's a local shop in the area that can do individual injector tests.

OP
OP
S

svfetter

Reaction score
Thanks for the Info Guys, The possibilities you all suggest are the first new information I have had suggested in quite some time. The things I have done to this car in the past few years regarding this issue are just about too many to list here. Thus I get the standard common responses. Thanks for the constructive ideas.

Steve Fetter
Louisville, KY

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online