5.0 Issue

Discussion in '94-95 5.0 - Specific' started by svfetter, Jun 25, 2007.

1. svfetter

svfetter New Member

OK Gentlemen,

I am afraid I must revisit the spark knock. (95 GT - Auto - 55K Miles) Replaced both 02 sensors with correct Ford Part. Pings less but still there. Cleared all codes several times. Still Get 189 Code for lean condition bank 2 under acceleration. No Other codes. Looking for help. Thanks.

Steve Fetter
    Louisville, KY

2. NYC94GT

NYC94GT Active Member

Check fuel pressure. If ok, check to see if you have any problems with fuel injectors. I had a very similar problem but the codes read "both banks". I replaced the MAS and that was that.

3. 95Grandtouring5.0

95Grandtouring5.0 Well-Known Member

check your injectors, fuel pump, and mass air flow sensor.

4. Schiffy

Schiffy Well-Known Member

Injectors yes... Fuel pump, not so much, more than one bank would be running lean, same with the airflow sensor... I would check the Fuel pressure regulator(or get one) or see if there's a local shop in the area that can do individual injector tests.

5. svfetter

svfetter New Member

Thanks for the Info Guys, The possibilities you all suggest are the first new information I have had suggested in quite some time. The things I have done to this car in the past few years regarding this issue are just about too many to list here. Thus I get the standard common responses. Thanks for the constructive ideas.

Steve Fetter
    Louisville, KY