5.0 SUPERCHARGED GUYS........WHATS UR SETUP

Viper_Hunter

Reaction score
Hey eveyone i was wondering what ur setup in on ur blower cars? just trying to get some idea y my car is running like it should. im assuming its because i have stock 19lb injectors and trying to run 10psi....? what u guys think? the car boosts 10psi but it dont go anywere....its like im not getting enough fuel. also what do you guys run for timeing or reccomned i should run? i have the motor set at 10 degress but i have the boost retard and i know nothing about it. i wana dissconnect it and just put the motor at a certain degree....what do you think?

Magic

Reaction score
shit...im surprised your motor is still alive with 10psi and 19lb injectors!!! I hope you are running an FMU????

Fuel system is key and a MUST!! High flow fuel pump, larger injectors, calibrated mass air....

What boost retard do you have? The blue Vortech one?

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
you probably have a fmu but change to 42lb injector, 255hp lph fuel pump with a t rex, a 6a or6al box with ngk plugs(to prevent blowout) and a custom tune and lose the retard box and fmu

94yellowgt

Reaction score
I would get that thing on a dyno and get it tuned by people that are familiar with boosted applications. I know nothing about where to start and tune a blower car so I left mine to professionals.

OP
OP
V

Viper_Hunter

Reaction score
ya im definatly gona put in the 30lb injectors with a 76mm mass air and go from there........im just waiting to see i might trade for a turbo kit so will see

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
no need to trade for a turbo after 500hp you are looking at breaking the block. First think of how much power you want then choose.

GregT94SCC

Reaction score
I'm running the Kenne Bell Blowzilla at 6psi. I suggest that you upgrade your injectors, MAF and TB.
Running that much boost through the stock injection is a definite no-no. I run 6psi (on a Blowzilla!)
but have the pulleys to go up to 12psi. I feel that despite my 190lph, 24lb injectors and other stuff I
would be running the risk of leaning out near the top (5k rpm) so I actually ordered a smaller pulley
than the blowzilla kit came with to keep thing under control in the begining. The other thing you have
to watch is heat. You may get away with stuff for a while but with summer heat in our already hot
sn95s (hot=lower emissions) and a recirc fuel system, you have a lot of opportunity for detonation to
creep in.

ripper

Reaction score
Magic said:
shit...im surprised your motor is still alive with 10psi and 19lb injectors!!! I hope you are running an FMU????

Fuel system is key and a MUST!! High flow fuel pump, larger injectors, calibrated mass air....

What boost retard do you have? The blue Vortech one?

Exact thing I was thinking. Injectors pulse fuel its not a constant spray. 42lb and 255 pump are a must. Also either a mail order tune or a pro dyno tune.

CanaryGT

Reaction score
Can someone explain why one would go to a 42LB INJ? I mean, if I only want to run say at most 10PSI out of a blower, is it necessary to get 42 or are 30's okay??

ripper

Reaction score
Ive noticed alot of 5.0 guys using 30lb inj. and 4.6 guys using 42lb. LOL dont know why. The idea behind the bigger inj. is to put more fuel into your cylinder to cool it. This will stop the dreaded detonation :noes:. My motor guy has actually recomended 60lb inj. when we up the boost to over 20lbs.

94yellowgt

Reaction score
For the cost difference, why would you even consider 30's on a boosted application over 42's. Heck, I went with 60's just to be on the safe side and the cost difference between them and the 42's was not much. Bigger is not always better, when your talking about heads/cam/intake, but when it comes to fuel, its better to have too much then not enough.

CanaryGT

Reaction score
But isnt having too much fuel a bad thing too. I understand you dont want to run lean, but running rich isnt good either.... I just dont see a progression point here. Are you saying that If I wanted to put a blower in I have to be using 42's right off the bat? If my car stock can run 24 lb inj's, 30 would be running it too rich right?

ripper

Reaction score
Your puter will regulate the amount of fuel going in no matter what. 42lb injs. will just pulse shorter. But if it needs more fuel it will stream. If it still cant get enough fuel then you get detonation. With exhaust and s/c noise you may not hear it. Then you find out the hard way. Rich is bad also. In a very rich cylinder you could get wash out. This means the fuel is washing the oil off the cylinder walls and you will get wear.

CanaryGT

Reaction score
Then is it okay to run 30's with a blown application? The reason why Im asking is because I want to "try" to build the setup in pieces. I wanted to upgrade my fuel system along with a new MAF and Inj. I dont want to do it twice.

GregT94SCC

Reaction score
Running too large of a fuel injector can screw with the atomization of the charge. The pulses will be shorter, yes, but the charge will then sit longer before it is ignited. Sitting longer can mean condensing, being heated or washing away oil. So yes, you can go too big. And yes too small is bad too. The only way to tell which is the correct injector to run is to have an expert tune your car. There are formulas for determining this also, but real world testing is the only way to be sure you are using the correct size for your application.

CanaryGT

Reaction score
So in theory, running say a T-Trim blower at 10-12 LBS of boost on a stock HCI setup would require??

94yellowgt

Reaction score
CanaryGT said:
So in theory, running say a T-Trim blower at 10-12 LBS of boost on a stock HCI setup would require??

I wouldn't go any smaller than 42's, mainly because of the price difference and gives you room to grow if you do decide to get better heads and intake.

CanaryGT

Reaction score
I called the local performance shop who builds Mustangs and I asked about what type of setup I should run. He suggested 38LB injectors and of course an upgraded fuel system. The thing that surprises me more is that he said that the blower running 8LBS would give me 100-115 HP and perhaps 60-80 TQ. He also said that on the STOCK bottom end, he wouldnt go to 10-12 because if you beat on it, it just starts to fall apart. This is a very surprising and informing to me.

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
CanaryGT said:
I called the local performance shop who builds Mustangs and I asked about what type of setup I should run. He suggested 38LB injectors and of course an upgraded fuel system. The thing that surprises me more is that he said that the blower running 8LBS would give me 100-115 HP and perhaps 60-80 TQ. He also said that on the STOCK bottom end, he wouldnt go to 10-12 because if you beat on it, it just starts to fall apart. This is a very surprising and informing to me.
38's??? As for the stock bottom end he is crazy.

94yellowgt

Reaction score
I think 38's will probaly cost more than 42's because of the limited numbers of companies that make them.

As far as the bottom end, mine is stock with 151,000+ miles with almost 12psi and 500 rwhp and its been like that since March and beaten on daily and I have not seen any ill effects from it. It does not use any oil and still barely has any blow by. If your motor is in good condition, it will last if the tune is GOOD. You might want to seach for a new tuner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online