65 Fastback we detailed

ALITL8

Reaction score
thought you guys would like this :naughty:

it's 1965 factory paint and yes there are flaws but look what a little spit and polish can do ;)

here's the before pics

IMG_3671.jpg

IMG_3673.jpg

IMG_3674.jpg

and here's the afters B)

IMG_3686.jpg

IMG_3687.jpg

IMG_3691.jpg

IMG_3694.jpg

IMG_3696.jpg

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Looks sweet man, I like when you post the before and after pics.

OP
OP
A

ALITL8

Reaction score
thats 2 coats, med to mild compound with the high speed (double sided wool), 1 coat mild with the orbital to remove swirls (terry bonnet), 1 coat of "our polish" and 1 coat of "our wax" (terry bonnet). your polish and wax will work as well... maybe ;)

Foster98GT

Reaction score
Good Job :thumb: You sir now have my permission to come get my ride and work your magic on it.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
Looks good. We have an '59 olds 88 that was my great grandfathers. I am gonna get it out clean it up and do a little work to it so we can go play in it... It has the old tailfins so it looks like the batmobile. She has been forgotten for awhile so it will be insteresting to see what a good polish/wax will do for her.

OP
OP
A

ALITL8

Reaction score
Foster98GT said:
Good Job :thumb: You sir now have my permission to come get my ride and work your magic on it.

i'll let you bring it to me ;D youre just a little outside my service area :hammer:

SonicStang said:
Wow impressive! Good work! How long did it take?

thanks Sonic, it took about 6-7 hours on the exterior but we drank beer and ate pizza too. the guy we did the car for is a fellow Mustang club member so we were hanging out BSin too.

MeanGrn Gt said:
Looks good. We have an '59 olds 88 that was my great grandfathers. I am gonna get it out clean it up and do a little work to it so we can go play in it... It has the old tailfins so it looks like the batmobile. She has been forgotten for awhile so it will be insteresting to see what a good polish/wax will do for her.

be sure to post some before and afters when you do the work. i'd like to see that car!

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
Well i wont get pics for awhile as it will be a while before i get the time to go up and get it (have to find a trailer also). Here are some pics of other '59 olds (ours is green)
olds5901.JPG

country_classics1249_2.jpg

Ya know this is playing in your head dnananananananana batman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
I found one pretty damn close

268803.jpg

check out that beast boys... you know you are gonna go sell your mustang and get a batmobile (no they dont come with the theme song sorry)

OP
OP
A

ALITL8

Reaction score
oh yea!! i'd look smokin hot in a land yacht like that :naughty:

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
ALITL8 said:
oh yea!! i'd look smokin hot in a land yacht like that :naughty:

hahaha. We havent had it out in a few years. It needs some work. If i remember it needs brake work for sure. It hasnt been messed with much so it needs a lot of tlc but i think i am gonna start working it getting it back into a little better shape. Back when i was a kid we would take her out for a cruise every now and then. I think dad got it for 1k at the auction back in '91. I wish he would have gotten one of the model t's, the white 57 t bird(a beautiful car!!)or one of the old pickups but they went for a good amount of money. I dont know much about the olds but i will find out when i start getting her road worthy again. The old's will be my project till i save up the money this winter then the project will be putting a 347 in the stang :naughty:.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online