6k to spend what do you do?

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
6k is not enough money in the long run for boost IMO

They use Advantage III. The same software they've used for 20 years. You have to buy their "Pro Racer Package" to get access as an individual as oppose to their dealer license and when doing so you sign their agreements stating that you'll only use it on race cars and won't use it to turn off the EPA required sensors or to bypass any EPA regulations in a street car. I have this package and have been tweaking on a tune myself for my turbo car. Only because I'm stuck with SCT since I'm using a 96 ECM. If you have a 99+ ECM its my understanding that certain HP tuners will work with it. The SCT package also has to mail you a dongle that is required to be plugged into the laptop for you to even access the software, that dongle is married to your cars ECM.
He’s not using SCT though, he’s getting the ecu master standalone. You could get a megasquirt plug and play unit for the 96, or there are Holley options. And the older hp tuners will work to make changes on the 99 and up, but won’t datalog. So they are limited to the SCT or megasquirt as well.

joe65

Reaction score
Watch for a pro charger or vortech on FB. I picked up one last year for $2k. Intercooler and all. Was a set up for a Mach and I sold the Mach before I installed.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
That’s my thoughts as well I got my used Vortech for my mystic for 2500 and the v3 Headunit was brand new rest of the kit was used

OP
OP
unterstutzung87
Reaction score
6k is not enough money in the long run for boost IMO

They use Advantage III. The same software they've used for 20 years. You have to buy their "Pro Racer Package" to get access as an individual as oppose to their dealer license and when doing so you sign their agreements stating that you'll only use it on race cars and won't use it to turn off the EPA required sensors or to bypass any EPA regulations in a street car. I have this package and have been tweaking on a tune myself for my turbo car. Only because I'm stuck with SCT since I'm using a 96 ECM. If you have a 99+ ECM its my understanding that certain HP tuners will work with it. The SCT package also has to mail you a dongle that is required to be plugged into the laptop for you to even access the software, that dongle is married to your cars ECM.
Correct, my tuner stated that HP is hit or miss on New edge cars something about the maf system. Also I agree 6k is probably not enough for boost, at 140k miles I feel like it would blow up, not sure how tough the 2 valve 4.6 is but its not forged I know that. My ultimate goal is just to get into the low 13's in the quarter and have a fun car to drive. I think I can do that with the twisted wedge kit.

OP
OP
unterstutzung87
Reaction score
Doubtful . Do a compression test if it checks out send it
Alright doing a compression test this week. Spoke with my tuner he offered to build a Turbo kit for it with good garrett turbo and high quality wastegate within my budget. Going to shoot for 8 psi if the compression check goes well. Aready have a high flow fuel pump just need bigger injectors and the kit hes going to build. Pretty stoked hopefully it goes well if not well I am going to pull the engine and do forged internals and just go full tilt even if its over budget, you only live once haha.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online

No members online now.