7.5 rear? spiders gear shear? mini spool

7.5spool

Reaction score
7.5 ford rearend with a mini spool. i had an old 8.8 mini spool layin around and i wanted know what the difference was in the 8.8 and 7.5 rears. well i go to install like u normally would, the side things went in just like it was made for it. but the center things were too "fat". my buddy has a precision surface grinder so i was in luck, all i did was i put the side things in and gotta pair of calipers and measured it, i would make it easy on u but i forgot the size i think its a little less than an inch... the stock axles fit the spool and the cross pin did to. the center blocks were a little to tall too but i got it to fit with just a grinder and about a half hour of test fit and grinding. im sure im missing stuff so if ya got any q's just ask ill try my best to help out :thumbsup:

Blakonblak94

Reaction score
Somethin makes me thing that the spool would be balanced in some sort of manner to prevent vibrations. So grinding to make it fit may not have been something that was the best idea. I have been wrong many times before however.

OP
OP

7.5spool

Reaction score
my car that its in has no vibrations, and its really not bad on curves just parking lot driving

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDTag

Members online

No members online now.