#8 = no fuel

mike97gt

Reaction score
ok so i finally decided it was nice enough out (or enough snow melted anyways) to pull the car out for the weekend here.
it was fine for the first bit then it started losing power and becoming a little jerky.
on the way home the check engine light came on but it still did the exact same thing.

i listened/smelled under the hood and couldnt smell anything burning or anything else out of the ordinary. the exhaust sounds like i have a lumpy cam.. or the drivers side anyways.. haha

so i started pulling boots off the spark plugs then found a bit of coolant on one in #4 cylinder so decided to check them all.. #4,6,8 all had a bit of coolant around the plug in the hole there. so i pulled the plugs and cleaned them off.
then i pulled the injector connections off one at a time and idle changed on every one of them except #8 (drivers side rear)
it doesnt seem to care if #8 is connected or not.

would that be throwing a code if that were the case? what could it possibly be.. injector crapping out?
i dont have a multimeter to check the connection to see if its getting power or not but i'll probably borrow one from someone at work on monday if i can.

any other throughts on what else could be causing that.. or where the coolant could have came from?
the only mods right now is exhaust.. that rest is in my basement.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
The number 8 injector isn't firing, try to swap one of your other injectors into it's place to verify.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
You would think so, but you've pretty effectively proved it's not firing already, now when you swap it for another injector, we'll no if it's the injector itself, or a wiring/ecu issue.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
You should be able to unbolt the rail, unclip them, and pull it up with the other side still attached.

OP
OP
M

mike97gt

Reaction score
cool.. thanks man.. i'll probly do that tomorrow.. its starting to get cold again.. haha

heres a vid of the sound of the exhaust..

if it is the injector then is frpp the best brand to buy higher flowing injectors from? like a 32# or something around there?

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
just get another stock 19lber. Even when you add the mods in your sig, they'll be sufficient. i would just get used one's myself.

OP
OP
M

mike97gt

Reaction score
ok i finally got around to switching the injectors and it did nothing.
when its cold all the injectors drop the rpm's fairly decent. so thats out..

still misfiring for some reason.. check engine light glowing :(

on the weekend and again today the check engine light started blinking for about 2 minutes straight. is there any specific reason anyone knows about that it would blink like that?

hoping to get this sorted out before i start modding it.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Well, next up, swap a plug wire for #8, to make sure that's not an issue. And if you can, get the codes read.

OP
OP
M

mike97gt

Reaction score
well i finally got around to scanning the computer to see what the codes were.
ended up with P0306 - cyl 6 misfire, and P0308 - cyl 8 misfire.
so considering i already checked the fuel i got a new set of plugs and away she went.. ran perfect again!
ended up swapping and cleaning my MAF while it was out. car pulls hard.. winter sucks.. i missed it.. lol

Reaction score
damn wish i woulda seen it sooner, i would have told you to see if a plug is fouled. i had that problem after my PI intake swap. fouled out the back left plug(cant remember the number, GM and Ford cylinder numbers escape my mind right now, lol) and it cleared everything up. it stutered under slight to medium load didnt it

OP
OP
M

mike97gt

Reaction score
yea thats exactly what it was doing. and it would shake like i had a huge cam at idle.
i would've changed em sooner but i didnt know that it would throw a code for that.

well thanks for anyones help.. hopefully all goes well after the intake/cam install in a couple weeks here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDTag

Members online