90mm MAF Meter

9psi 98

Reaction score
I've been looking for a 90mm MAF for a while and as you all know, they tend to vary in price. I came across this one this evening and it's really cheap compared to others. Now, it's the same ID (90mm) as the more expensive meters and yes it is plastic, but that really doesn't matter. Paying some of the prices for these high prices for MAF's would be as dumb as buying "performance O2 sensors" or a "high performance coolant temp sending unit" for double the price....they are just a sensor that tells the ECU what is going on and as long as the right voltage comes out of them at the appropriate time, then there should be no issues...high price or not. I'd rather spend my $$ on cams and other parts that aren't bolt-on and plug-in accessories. Would you guy's buy one of these....?

http://www.lightningforceperformance.com/90mm-replacement-maf-p-242.html?zenid=76cdcf016b0eef7ef2acf5951c6007a5

S

scarface

I ran a LMAF on mine 97gt...its pretty popular. I made close to 400RWHP and didnt max it out.

OP
OP

9psi 98

Reaction score
scarface said:
I ran a LMAF on mine 97gt...its pretty popular. I made close to 400RWHP and didnt max it out.

I guess I could have been a bit more clear by saying I know that the 90mm MAF is what I need/want for my car. But the big question is "is it all that bad to buy the MAF at the aformentioned link?"

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
As long as thats a FORD 90mm MAF then buy it, i've seen them even cheaper on ebay...that where i bought mine. Just search for Lightning 90mm MAF.

Magic

Reaction score
The one shown in your link IS an LMAF (aka Lightning MAF)!
Thats a pretty good price for $90!

Make sure u do the adjustment with your tuner.....cuz its not exactly a plug it in and go...its a plug in, tune for it, and then go!

OP
OP

9psi 98

Reaction score
funny you mentioned that one droptop, I just bought one just like it off of ebay for the same price. Thanks for looking out though! O0

OP
OP

9psi 98

Reaction score
scarface said:
so you got one then, good deal O0

Oh yeah, I got one. All I need now is some 42# injectors and I can get it tuned. I want to get some cams put in , but I'm trying not to drive the car too much cause it has to be running lean with the 30#'ers in it, I hear they are maxxed out at 6psi and I'm running a little over 8 with my ported heads. I'm probably just going to get it tuned so it's safe to drive in the meantime, then I'll get the cams dropped in at another point in the future. Do you think the cams will throw the tune off all that much? I'm going to get it re-tuned again after the blower cam install just to be safe....

S

scarface

9psi 98 said:
scarface said:
so you got one then, good deal O0

Oh yeah, I got one. All I need now is some 42# injectors and I can get it tuned. I want to get some cams put in , but I'm trying not to drive the car too much cause it has to be running lean with the 30#'ers in it, I hear they are maxxed out at 6psi and I'm running a little over 8 with my ported heads. I'm probably just going to get it tuned so it's safe to drive in the meantime, then I'll get the cams dropped in at another point in the future. Do you think the cams will throw the tune off all that much? I'm going to get it re-tuned again after the blower cam install just to be safe....
yes, cams will throw it off ALOT.

OP
OP

9psi 98

Reaction score
I figured that would be the case.... Worries to have another day, I'm just going to get it back on the road again. I still drive it, but I let out of it around 4k...which is not fun at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online

No members online now.