94 5.0 question

rsm

Reaction score
I have a 94 GT with 5.0 and I need to know what imbalance they are and how many teeth on the flexplate. It's been a few years since I've worked on this car and I need a new flexplate, just don't remember which one this takes. TIA

OP
OP
R

rsm

Reaction score
30 views and not 1 reply...good thing I figured this out.

01yellercobra

Reaction score
RockAuto says this?

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=65756&cc=1134133&jsn=1005

Not many can go out and count teeth on their flex plate. I should have looked at mine closer, i was back home, and i did a manual swap a few years ago.

Idk what an "imbalance" is, as far as this convo goes. Can't help ya there....
Think of the imbalance like freshly mounted tires. Before the weights are attached theres an imbalance. The weights correct that. Same with the push rod engines. The rotating assembly isn't perfectly balanced. So the flywheel/flex plate and dampner have extra weight to offset the imbalance.

It's been a minute, but I think the two amounts were 24oz and 54oz. But I'm sure I'm wrong. I used to know when I played with a 351W.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
It’s 50oz stock. But what you purchase will depend on what your building. My balancer is 0oz as will be my flywheel. It will be internally balanced.

Couldn’t tell you the tooth count.

And next time try a little patience please. Large majority of the guys on here are mod motor guys. Plus a lot of the views you see can be spammers or guest. Doesn’t mean 30 of us actives looked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online