94-95 Valve Covers

Chenn2389

Reaction score
What are the best valve covers to order for a 94-95? I have edelbrock performer heads, crane cams 1.6 rollers, trick flow track heat intake with trickflow elbow, and a bbk 75mm throttle body. I know intake elbow clearance is an issue as well as alternator bolt clearance from other posts. I have not really found a good answer on what to order.

TFS-51400801? stock height fox cover. Only problem I see with these is no oil fill tube or breathers.

OP
OP
Chenn2389

Chenn2389

Reaction score
MY stock covers are trash, could i pull off the filler tub and have it installed on trick flow covers?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
there really isn't a thing as the "best" valve covers. You need to be careful that they are specific for 94/95 or they will not fit on the passenger side because of our modified accessory brackets. Besides that you need to be sure they are tall enough to clear the rockers and yet not up into the intake where you will need a spacer if you want to keep the strut tower bar.

With that being said I am personally running fox body valve covers(They are cast not stamped like 94/95 and better) and they are clear my 1.6 RR, but I do use a 1/2" spacer between the two intakes.

tvsn95

Reaction score
I ran into the same problems on my Cobra, I run 1.7 factory rollers in stock stamped covers.( just like it came from the factory, they are made by Crane) they will bead blast well and repaint ok. I do use an 96 Explorer cover Pass side on the drivers side to allow me a large vent to my catch can , comes off of the original fill neck. works well and solved by crankcase press problems.

TrickVert

Reaction score
I, too, am running Fox covers on my '95 GT. I have no spacer, but had to massage the EGR mounting flange on my TFS intake so it would clear. If looking for Fox covers, be sure to get ones form a '93. Those do not have the internal bosses that need to be ground down. The filler neck is also a bit further forward than the older ones.

Procharged87

Reaction score
I used the TFS covers on my 95 GT to clear the roller rockers when I put AFR heads on. The height made them hit the elbow on the Kenne Bell so my brother machined an aluminum 1/2” intake spacer for me to clear them. We powder coated mine Canary/Chrome Yellow first and then did the black over that. We also drilled out the boss in them so that I can use the TFS oil fill tube, a catch can, or vent it. I like them but, I wish the spacer wasn’t needed.

Attachments

• DC70077B-F9C9-4851-9531-59BCABF6C76F.jpeg
    DC70077B-F9C9-4851-9531-59BCABF6C76F.jpeg
    226.2 KB · Views: 35

Wood's 5.0

Reaction score
I'm running the 1.7 Cobra rockers and re-used my stock valve covers but had to remove the baffle for them to clear. I always wanted to try a set of Cobra valve covers but never could find a set that wasn't stupid expensive. Also, the aggravation to do just that one thing, to me, wasn't worth it. The Fox valve cover route is a good idea and they do look way cool when polished.

Orl1mjf

Reaction score
1.7 cobra rockers on afr 165 heads using stock cobra valve cover, no modifications needed.8ADC2F6D-1228-49EF-9B95-467ABA40EBF7.jpeg

OP
OP
Chenn2389

Chenn2389

Reaction score
I first ordered the FRPP efi covers for the fox, but they didn't work fill tube was moved much closer to the throttle body than the stock fox covers. I went with the trick flow short efi covers. They cleared everything and I purchased their fill tube and drilled it into a location similar to the stock covers.

BackinBlack

Reaction score
This is good stuff. Let's see some more valve cover picks. I have Cobra 1.7s under stock GT covers and they clear fine.

OP
OP
Chenn2389

Chenn2389

Reaction score
This is good stuff. Let's see some more valve cover picks. I have Cobra 1.7s under stock GT covers and they clear fine.

Crane designed the cobra 1.7s specifically for Ford. They were made to fit the stamped steel covers on the cobra. Only difference in the cobra covers is they have a lead liner to dampen the NVA from the rollers, and they’re stamped “cobra”.

Not much to see on an sn95 the intake and throttle body pretty much cover everything. 4E8FCA51-E6E6-4947-A888-3D9B47B54683.jpeg 781EE34D-75C7-4F5A-97ED-291D30341402.jpeg A737A948-2AE8-48EF-88B7-A2E77FBF5F91.jpeg

TrickVert

Reaction score
That's the main line to the vacuum manifold at the rear of the driver's side fender. The fuel pressure regulator line is also attached there, but isn't visible in that picture.

Your next question might be, "Does that line have a check valve in it since you have a supercharger? " The answer is, "No," and I've never even considered it (nor have I ever seen it done.) I'm wondering now, though, if it should, or maybe it already does(?).

Last edited:

tvsn95

Reaction score
That's the main line to the vacuum manifold at the rear of the driver's side fender. The fuel pressure regulator line is also attached there, but isn't visible in that picture.

Your next question might be, "Does that line have a check valve in it since you have a supercharger? " The answer is, "No," and I've never even considered it (nor have I ever seen it done.) I'm wondering now, though, if it should, or maybe it already does(?).
I always use a check in that line.. not worth the chance. if it happens you will have NO brake boost right after throttle.
also have you ever noticed the heater controls moving under boost. .
I once had an SVO 84 that gave the craziest problems till I figured this out . LOL
I have done 4 turbo/supercharged cars, I run checks. UPR products Ebay

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online