94-98 cobra r bumper without splitter

jedpony

Reaction score
I was thinking about possibly buying a cobra r bumper and modifying it. Im not a huge fan of the huge splitter and would be undrivable with how low i am. Has anyone ever cut off the splitter and sanded the edges smooth so its almost like a 99-01 cobra bumper? I think it would look good, and would definitely be unique. Maybe even add a mach chin spoiler to it as well or even an 03-04 cobra chin. If anyone would want to try and do a chop that would be cool too!

Here's a picture of my car.

DSC_4221_0107_zps006d0ae8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
great ride! is that you stretching in the background?

and no... never seen that done before.

ProKiller

Reaction score
2 OT things first off: i didn't realize you were in pittsburgh and that you had a procharger. do you go to carlisle? i don't remember seeing this car there.

I could see it working out, but my only concern is that the bumper will probably be too flimsy after you cut the lip off. it will just hang down and you would need to brace it somehow. The lip actually curls under and adds to bottom's rigidity.

5litrarag

Reaction score
A 2000 Cobra R front bumper w/o the splitter?
On THAT car?

I'll be the first asshole to piss on your idea and tell you it will look like stir fried dog shit. But hey, its your money and car, so if you want to piss it away like that, who am I to stand in your way?

OP
OP
J

jedpony

Reaction score
A 2000 Cobra R front bumper w/o the splitter?
On THAT car?

I'll be the first asshole to piss on your idea and tell you it will look like stir fried dog shit. But hey, its your money and car, so if you want to piss it away like that, who am I to stand in your way?

Yes a 2000 cobra r bumper remake for the 94-98s. I never said i was set on doing it, just an option i thought about trying. I can see it flowing with the rest of the car with a custom side exhaust.

OP
OP
J

jedpony

Reaction score
2 OT things first off: i didn't realize you were in pittsburgh and that you had a procharger. do you go to carlisle? i don't remember seeing this car there.

I could see it working out, but my only concern is that the bumper will probably be too flimsy after you cut the lip off. it will just hang down and you would need to brace it somehow. The lip actually curls under and adds to bottom's rigidity.

Yupp im in Indiana pa with is about an hour away from Pitt. I go to carlisle every year, although this is the first year ive taken this car. I was parked next to the YMR club this year. Ill have to take a closer look at one of these bumpers in person the next time i see one. Where did you get your front bumper?

ProKiller

Reaction score
i got mine from ABC exclusives. i didn't have any problems with them or it, but others have had horror stories. seems like a hit or miss.

LilRoush

Reaction score
I had a buddy cut the lip off that style bumper cover, but on the 99-04 style. It folded under quickly and needed to be braced like PK mentioned.
I'm a fan of the 03/04 Termie style ABC Ex makes for the 94-98. Have you looked at those?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDTag