94 Cobra bumper with mach 1 chin spoiler

OP
OP
T

TheNatster513

Reaction score
i think it adds to it. everything else is so curvy. then the straight edge. its small enough to where it wont steal the show.. but big enough to e noticed

1996mustangGT

Reaction score
I will say...it looks way better in person. However it does look a lil akward from some angels

ARdoller

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
sxynerd said:
It takes away from the rest of the lines in the bumper. Putting a straight edge on it looses the cobra bumpers shape. The fact that it's has a glossy clear coat doesn't help at all either.
i dunno, i think if it was anything but the color of the car, it would look even more awkward. chin spoilers on 99/01 cobras bumpers and gt and v6 bumpers both sn95 and new edge, look like chin spoilers. when theyre shaved down to "fit" an sn95 cobra bumper, they look more like they are a piece of the bumper, so id say if you like it, i think itd be a must to paint it, unlike the chin spoilers on any other model.

ARdoller

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
i think it could actually look "good" to some degree, if you find a way to bondo the sides of the chin spoiler to the bumper, so there is no "seam" on the outside edges of the fog holes.

OP
OP
T

TheNatster513

Reaction score
ill get some better pics of the closer seal between the bumper and the spoiler. it does look attached

ARdoller

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
stang3.jpg

cobrachin.jpg

ARdoller

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
thats why i think if you use some filler to mesh the sides of the bumper to the chin spoiler, it may look a little ore natural.

OP
OP
T

TheNatster513

Reaction score
thanks guys. i might do that filler on the sides.. only thing is i would have to do it on the front to make it flow better? could you shop a front one and do like you did the other and smooth it out? i dont really wanna have to paint it again though...

OP
OP
T

TheNatster513

Reaction score
you look awkward. hahah just messin. agreed it does look awkward in the pics but in person it looks 100% better. come to sc and ill show you hahah

hottwheels04

Reaction score
eh if u like it thats all that matters. but I personally dont like it it doesnt look right and to out of place looks akward and ugly

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
TheNatster513 said:
you look awkward. hahah just messin. agreed it does look awkward in the pics but in person it looks 100% better. come to sc and ill show you hahah

haha, kind of a far drive to take a look. I saw the chin spoiler on a yellow Cobra a while back and thought it looked okay, i think it would look better if it wasn't glossy. Idk though, it really just messes up the flow of the bumper and front of the car.

OP
OP
T

TheNatster513

Reaction score
CW Cobra said:
I think i might be doing that with my bumper.. Maybe for spring
its not to hard but it is. you have to cut into it and find the right cut to follow the fog light holes.. thats why i used to epoxy to fill it and clean it up better but still make it look like it was a chin spoiler with the crack

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online