94 Cobra SBC swap

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
lutter94 said:
You want a 350, buy a camaro......

Amen. As much as I respect Lsx motors I got nothing for you. Just buy a camaro or transam.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
I think its hilarious people are so lolfag over the lsx motors now that everyone swaps them into anything and everything, but sware off the sbc.. Do you people know what motors people used to swap into cars before the lsx was every created? The SBC..

lutter94

Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
I think its hilarious people are so lolfag over the lsx motors now that everyone swaps them into anything and everything, but sware off the sbc.. Do you people know what motors people used to swap into cars before the lsx was every created? The SBC..

I realize that there has been a 350 stuck in just about every model car from the 20's to today. It was the easiest/cheapest way to make some good power. But to swap a old 350 into a 94 mustang makes absolutely no sense. Whats wrong with a 351W swap? It bolts right in, large aftermarket available, lots of power potential....MANY stroker kits out for it as well

forcefedhatch

Reaction score
<~~working on an lq9 with an 88mm snail...nice build..moar pics y0!!

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
lutter94 said:
DFG_Pimpin said:

I realize that there has been a 350 stuck in just about every model car from the 20's to today. It was the easiest/cheapest way to make some good power. But to swap a old 350 into a 94 mustang makes absolutely no sense. Whats wrong with a 351W swap? It bolts right in, large aftermarket available, lots of power potential....MANY stroker kits out for it as well

why? cause usually dollar for dollar, chevys are cheaper to build than fords. Would i do it, No, but i can understand why other people do so.

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
Lsx motors are swapped into almost anything and yeah SBC were swapped into anything before Lsx motors but c'mon it's a MUSTANG for crying out loud. 351W stroked.

Knuckles@Empire

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
lutter94 said:
DFG_Pimpin said:

Ill tell you really quickly why it makes sense....... ready.........ITS HIS FUCKING CAR jeez guy wants to post up a build and people come out of the woodworks to bash him, who the fuck cares if there is an advantage to him dropping a 351 or a prius motor in it. He was trying to share what he was planning to do was all. I for one stick with Ford, but ill give props to the guy putting a Viper engine in his car. Is there a benefit to him spending more than he would on a twin turbo 5.4 built to hell? Prolly not, he might make around the same power and the car is now more nose heavy with a V10 but its a project. Anyways im done reading people getting flamed the negativety here is terrible sometimes.

lutter94

Reaction score
knuckles4696 said:
lutter94 said:
DFG_Pimpin said:

Ill tell you really quickly why it makes sense....... ready.........ITS HIS f*cking CAR jeez guy wants to post up a build and people come out of the woodworks to bash him, who the f*ck cares if there is an advantage to him dropping a 351 or a prius motor in it. He was trying to share what he was planning to do was all. I for one stick with Ford, but ill give props to the guy putting a Viper engine in his car. Is there a benefit to him spending more than he would on a twin turbo 5.4 built to hell? Prolly not, he might make around the same power and the car is now more nose heavy with a V10 but its a project. Anyways im done reading people getting flamed the negativety here is terrible sometimes.

Ever heard of the little "Ford vs. Chevy" debacle? It started along time ago, and you getting mad isn't going to end it. Its just the way it is, deal with it, most ford guys hate chevy and most chevy guys hate ford. Yes I do know there is overlap. But putting a Chevy engine in a Ford is like me taking your mother out for a nice seafood dinner and never calling her again. It just isn't the right thing to do.

Knuckles@Empire

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Thats in your eyes. Period. No matter what you say the OP and many other peeps like to do swaps, if you wanna start a flame war about putting brand x motor into brand x car then do it elsewere. The OP came here to share his build, not to get YOUR opinion on what his build needs or doesnt need. If i were to tell you how to build a car even if it was with a Ford engine, and i was a d*ck about it. would you listen? As for the Ford vs. Chevy, are you serious? this isnt the who is better contest, this is what people get all a*s hurt about seeing in a Mustang. Oh and before someone says "hay thats your opinion" maybe so, but atleast mine is let him do whatever makes him happy, someone else in the thread stated for the Viper thread its all praises, if it was an LSX everyone would be cool. Anyways im done with this thread, hopefully the OP comes back and posts again although i doubt it.

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
I'm simply saying that I can understand why he's doing it I mean chevy blocks go long ways BUT I wouldn't do it. No flaming whatsoever what the OP wants to do than that's that can't change his mind but I know I wouldn't do it. Good look on the build!

ClonedOutCobra

Reaction score
im in the middle of putting a cadillac 500 in my 99. i get a lot of s*it for it. dont care. Evertime i go to the track i see a ton of foxbodys with SBC in them. They are just cheaper to build. plain and simple.

lutter94

Reaction score
It has a V6/GT front bumper. And a V6/Cobra rear bumper (script only says mustang). It didn't say cobra in the rear bumper until later. V6's did not have fog lights, and the angle is tough, if there are fog lights they are hard to see. I am going to guess it started life as a V6........

Mustang Mark

Reaction score
94svtturbo said:
Was this a true cobra car?
well it doesnt have cobra headlights, a cobra bumper, or cobra brakes, but it does have a cobra spoiler... on a gt trunk lid... so i will say no

Mustang Mark

Reaction score
on but the wheels have snakes on them so that must mean its a true cobra :tard:

lutter94

Reaction score
Mustang Mark said:
on but the wheels have snakes on them so that must mean its a true cobra :tard:

Right, didn't look close since they aren't stock wheels. But the center caps are prob factory......Which would make it a Cobra R. And since the Cobra R's were 95 models, this one must be super rare!

94svtturbo

Reaction score
Well the first post states thats its a cobra. I didnt really look at it in the pic cuz it looks like its been through a lot as it is.

Mustang Mark

Reaction score
94svtturbo said:
Well the first post states thats its a cobra. I didnt really look at it in the pic cuz it looks like its been through a lot as it is.
yeah i know. i highly doubt that it was a cobra though.

94svtturbo

Reaction score
Mustang Mark said:
94svtturbo said:
yeah i know. i highly doubt that it was a cobra though.

I sure hope not. I could care less what motor he decides to put in a stang. Its his car he can do what he wants with it. If i was gonna throw a 302 in a camaro tho i would make sure its a nothing special camaro. I wouldnt take an SS and throw a SBF motor in it.

That being said im assuming the OP prolly figured he was gonna get flamed by some members for this. Like i said, i wouldnt do it but it aint my car. So he should just do what makes him happy