94 Cobra turbo build

OP
OP
T

Turbulence

Reaction score
Tense Moment, but I stabbed the motor and trans together with my son's help. You can see the new poly motor mounts in this picture, but I did away with the filter relocation kit. I think a stubby filter is fine.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
looks like its getting ready to be really tight on space in that bay! Got your shoe horn ready?

OP
OP
T

Turbulence

Reaction score
I have had it all in before, and you aint kidding....there is NO extra room for even a catch can, which I still have to figure out, since I deleted the PCV and the EGR.

OP
OP
T

Turbulence

Reaction score
I want to be able to go 425 to the wheels, turn high ten's and still be able to drive it to the grocery store. That's the plan anyway.

OP
OP
T

Turbulence

Reaction score
Yep..1999 7.3 with some mild tuning. It's effective at rolling coal but I try not to do that too much anymore.

OP
OP
T

Turbulence

Reaction score
I went through the whole top end again over the weekend and I found some obvious rookie mistakes.
1. I did not have the manifold tightened to torque specs, and I had a nasty vacuum leak
2. I had a coolant leak at the temp sensor
After fixing these things, I went ahead and put the 42 pound injectors in, and installed the new Pro-Tube maf into the charge pipe. I also drilled and welded a bung into the valve cover so I can install a catch can soon. I will post some pictures as soon as photobucket stops being retarded.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Stop waisting your time with Photobucket. Get Tapatalk and never look back. You can then load pics straight from your device

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

Turbulence

Reaction score
Stop waisting your time with Photobucket. Get Tapatalk and never look back. You can then load pics straight from your device

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now I have it....tapatalk is brand new to me. Thanks.
d30d2ae317e68cc9e151c0ad87f40c68.jpg

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

Turbulence

Reaction score
So I installed new 42lb injectors and the Pro-Tube last weekend, trying to fix my issues.

But the same thing happens. LOADING UP. running super lean, no matter what I do I cannot make it idle.

OP
OP
T

Turbulence

Reaction score

Also installed the new pro-tube with calibrated MAF, installed into the charge pipe.....done away with my attempt to use the Draw Through.

OP
OP
T

Turbulence

Reaction score

I also have been told that I need to change my valve covers from the factory black cobra covers to allow for some catch can tubes....but I like the factory look, and I can weld...so I decided to use an extra O2 bung, and drill and weld it myself for use with 6 AN fittings.

OP
OP
T

Turbulence

Reaction score
I also decided to go back to my original plan, of using a Garrett/Holset Hybrid 70mm turbo before I bought the On3 Kit. I had to make an exhaust adapter, since the Vband on the Garrett was 3 1/2" and the On3 was only 3".

OP
OP
T

Turbulence

Reaction score
Alas, I spent a lot of time, and money, and I still have tuning issues. For some reason, even with 125 compression on all 8 cylinders, I have a wet plug on #1 and only hitting on 7 is the reason for all the tuning issues. I replaced all the plugs and wires with new 8.5 MSD super conductors, and Cap and rotor, just to make sure, but still having the same issues. I will have to do a leak down test to make sure, but I bet that I must have made some rookie error when I put the heads back on, or the rockers, and only now is it showing up. So frustrating.

OP
OP
T

Turbulence

Reaction score
After new everything except the actual distributor....does anyone have any thoughts on why I would have a steady constant misfire on just cylinder 1? Help Please

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online