94 convertible brace

rabbit2620

Reaction score
My 94 convertible has this x brace under the engine. After i lowered the car that brace will drag on everything. Is this brace something i can take off or is it extra support for the convertibles?

Mustang5L5

Reaction score
Depends on how far you lower the car. Mine is lowered only a bit and I kept it.

I would keep it if you can as it does help with cowl shake. Convertibles need all the bracing they can get.

shovel

Reaction score
I've been on the internet long enough to know that the answers you get won't matter to what you do.

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Is it just a cross-member brace? I added one to my coupe’s stock K-member and didn’t notice a bit of difference. So, face value, I would guesstimate the Ford engineers built it to run just fine “as is”.

How low are you? (Pic)

OP
OP
rabbit2620

rabbit2620

Reaction score
Is it just a cross-member brace? I added one to my coupe’s stock K-member and didn’t notice a bit of difference. So, face value, I would guesstimate the Ford engineers built it to run just fine “as is”.

How low are you? (Pic)
I installed a 1-1/2" lower kit, but the x-bar is about 3/4" off the pavement after i was done.

OP
OP
rabbit2620

rabbit2620

Reaction score

How low are you? (Pic)

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    964.9 KB · Views: 12

Ronnied

Reaction score
I'm running adjustable all around. I did raise it slightly from the photos and so far I'm good. I would definitely leave it in on the verts. I have one guy that swears the really stiffen up the coupes as well.

TrickVert

Reaction score
I installed a 1-1/2" lower kit, but the x-bar is about 3/4" off the pavement after i was done.
Then you have to be lowered a lot more than 1.5" or else something is bent or incorrectly installed. (Or are you running rubber-band tires on 16- or 17-inch wheels? Those sidewalls look pretty short.) My '95 is lowered 1.5" with an Eibach Pro-Kit and I have 3" of clearance.

And yes, the X-brace is needed on the' verts.

Snorky

Reaction score
Do you have full length weld in subframe connectors? If so, take it off for a bit and see how the car reacts.. if you don't.. I would probably leave it on

Mustang5L5

Reaction score
I was under my car tonight and took note of this brace. Eibach Pro-kit and poly isos and I have maybe 3-3.5" of clearance. It's definitely the lowest part of the car. Kinda why I went with the pro-kit. I semi daily drive the car and have no patience for having to modify my driving habit due to clearance.

95opal

Reaction score
My advice is yank the stock brace and toss in a MM gload brace or stifflers kmemeber brace.
The stock brace has a lot to be desired of it.

ruquikr

Reaction score
I'm running adjustable all around. I did raise it slightly from the photos and so far I'm good. I would definitely leave it in on the verts. I have one guy that swears the really stiffen up the coupes as well.
I can vouch for this. Added a convertible x-brace to my coupe, and it made a noticeable difference in firming things up in front. Out of the 12 mounting points, I only used 10 as I lack the anchor points at the front of the doors along the pinch weld like the convertibles have. I'm working on a solution that will incorporate in with some jacking rails. I mainly used them to brace things up because the roads are terrible where I live.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online