94 mustang drivability issue

Discussion in '94-95 5.0 - Specific' started by boss302whr, Mar 21, 2014.

1. boss302whr

boss302whr New Member

Hey new to this forum I have had my mustang for a few years finally got a steady job ready for some mods.

Mods so far:
    CAI-UPR
    Long tube headers-BBK
    Off road x-pipe-BBK
    SLP loud mouth resonators
    Hurst short throw shifter
    Smog delete
    MSD wires
    MSD coil
    MSD cap & Rotor

After I put my exhaust on I had an issue when starting. When I start it it will rev high(I know it's in open loop so it will rev high, it's higher the that). Sometimes it will even die right after I start it. When I'm driving in in any gear at about any speed it will pop through the exhaust and if I go wide open throttle it won't do it anymore. So someone time me it could be an O2 sensor, I agreed because I had trouble getting my old O2 sensor out and thought I might have damaged it and replaced it.

Any help would be great. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. CC'S95GT

CC'S95GT Legend

have you pulled codes? You can have one set without the CEL actually being on.

3. the5.ohh

the5.ohh Legend

Well the high idle could be your IAC crapping out. The car is 20 years old, replacing the O2 sensors would help a bit, even if they're fine right now. As for the delay and popping through the exhaust, I had the same problem. Car felt like it wouldn't move at all, and felt the popping going through the exhaust. Turned out to be a bad o-ring on one of the injectors, so check your injectors

4. B.mad

B.mad Well-Known Member Preferred Vendor

I dont know if it helps or if it works the same way but i had a similar issue on my '72. And it turned out that a spark plug wire was coming off. Same thing, power loss, and poping through the exhaust, however it didnt rev high or and i didnt WOT so i dont know if it would of solved it, but its worth a check just in case

5. RSB95

RSB95 New Member

Could be o2 sensors but Check those wires, could have one arcing off the headers, happened to me, car was running crappy and I poped the hood at night and I could see the arcing

6. naes.sdrawos

naes.sdrawos New Member

i would check plugs, wires, gas integrity, clean throttle body, check iac for carbon, fuel pressure during good operation compared to acting up,

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

7. boss302whr

boss302whr New Member

I checked plugs, looked ok but I replaced anyway, my plug wires are good not touching the headers, I've been using 93 octane, I've cleaned my throttle body. All with no change

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. naes.sdrawos

naes.sdrawos New Member

fuel pressure?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

9. 5-oh-MUSTANG

5-oh-MUSTANG Well-Known Member