94 to 98 swap???

Discussion in '94-95 5.0 - Specific' started by aussiebj, Jan 13, 2014.

1. aussiebj

aussiebj New Member

I did not know what section to put this under but here goes..
    I have a gutted 94 mustang Gt shell no motor ,tranny , suspension,interior, heating or wiring. It is a very clen shell with a mint black paint job. I also have a crashed in the front 98 4.6 auto mustang convertible, is it possible to swap everything over from the 98 to the 94?? is there any parts that wont fit..or if i just swap the wiring harness, interior, heating and suspension and install another 5.0 would the wiring harness be the same on the body side and can i just replace the 4.6 engine bay harness with a 5.0 harness...
    Yes i know its alot of work but i have both cars and im not in a rush..
    Thank you in advance for any info provided..
    Barry

2. 5-oh-MUSTANG

5-oh-MUSTANG Well-Known Member

Everything should swap over considering u have the motor, harness, computer, wiring, tranny, suspension, interior, etc... This will work with no problems if u swap over EVERYTHING from the 98.

3. Win

Win Legend

Yeah it literally has to be everything. Might want to see if you have emissions how that is going to work. I know 90-95 as of this year in GA have to get sniffed as 96+ just gets plugged in the obd2 port to check for codes and readiness. So just food for thought.

4. 5-oh-MUSTANG

5-oh-MUSTANG Well-Known Member

my car was a 96 v6, but has a 95 5.0 swap. I talked to the emissions and they took it as an obd1 and used the sniffer.

5. aussiebj

aussiebj New Member

yea i talked to my inspection guy and he said as long as i go down from a 98 to 95 and not up , ie put a per 95 motor in a 96 and up, it will pass any inspection here in NY..