94 with white leather

jwhisl

Reaction score
Hi I'm back with another question. How rare is the white leather interior and what is the easiest way to keep it clean without removing it? I have a dark forest green metallic convertible with white leather/doorpanels/dash and a black top. Threw car sat outside with the windows down before I got it so the doors and dash are really dirty. Also if anyone knows where I can get new upholstery for my front seats I would appreciate it!

Austinx56

Reaction score
my car is a 94 and is (was) the vibrant red with white seats and black and white dash someone on here told me there where only like 2k
x4.jpg

GMSMOKR

Reaction score
It's very rare.. When I started working for Lear Seating in 1993 .. Working on the new 1994 seats for the mustangs.. It was always said it was a special request color.. If we did 60 Seats a shift both front / rear.. All week I might have done 3 that whole week.. And it was for only Convertibles.. We cleaned them if got dirty with a very mild soap "Murphy".. Seeing how the leather was in the main front areas.

OP
OP
J

jwhisl

Reaction score
Ok. Well being a convertible my front seats are pretty beat up so I will be getting new leather eventually. The people that took the car apart didnt care much about it our they would have rolled the windows up. They also were going to use the front seats in a hotrod so they lacked different parts of the seats with a permanent marker

Austinx56

Reaction score
yeah i hated the white seats and top my so much happier now with a black top and seats and i put a black 98 center console in the middle i really dont think white seats and top looks good on a car

GMSMOKR

Reaction score
Wow... Let me know if you find some leather for it.. There are a few good tricks on getting the leather on and off... Seeing how the backs and seats have a strong glue in the seams.. When you take out the seats look under the driver side and let me know the initials .. Mine is JJ... I did all of our driver side seats 2nd shift ..from 93 to 99.. Funny just did a thread a week ago.. I'm doing my seats in white this year.. Looking to dye them...
mugyda4u.jpg

OP
OP
J

jwhisl

Reaction score
I'll take a look this weekend and let you know. Would be kind of surreal to have found the person who made my seats lol

GMSMOKR

Reaction score
Yeah.. But only the driver side.. 2nd shift.. My dad got me the job when he worked at Fords in Dearborn .. And Fords was so busy that they out sourced to Lear.. We was already doing the ford lightning and the new probe seats.. 94 was a big year for fords and the mustang.. Seem like yesterday. I was just a front seat builder.. Hell making 18 bucks an hour in the early 90's and only 22 years of ago. Couldn't tell me nothing :) .. Girls girls girls...

greenscobie86

Reaction score
^
Thats a pretty cool story, nice to have someone who actually contributed to building our cars on the forum. Kudos.

GMSMOKR

Reaction score
Thx... My dad at Fords was one of the head supers in the paint and body dept.. He use to come home and talk about how they had so many issues with paint mistakes and how they fixed them ..and I use to come home talking about how I didn't like leathers seats vs clothes seats.... The leather was very hard on the hands and making them look perfect.. or Fords would send them back from inspection.. Then all hell breaks out on who Initials was on the bottom.. Oh how that beings back memory's :)

Mustanger

Reaction score
Nice combo in my opinion! My first Mustang was the first vert 64.5...Midnight Metallic Blue with white top & interior! (Vinyl) & it was gorgeous!

95opal

Reaction score
OP the white gutted verts are some of the rarest combos ever produced and IMO the coolest combo ever produced. TMI might be able to supply you with new skins for them youll have to contact them to find out.

Austinx56

Reaction score
nope I gave them to the guy i got my machs from, I can give you his number he has them for sale

they still look new cuz i had them redone in 2010

Austinx56

Reaction score
his name is shawn andrews last time i saw him he had them, he sell a ton of mustang interior stuff if you get a hold of him tell him your looking for austn's white seats
850-382-4286

GMSMOKR

Reaction score
his name is shawn andrews last time i saw him he had them, he sell a ton of mustang interior stuff if you get a hold of him tell him your looking for austn's white seats
850-382-4286

Thx again.. You are the man...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinastang78

Members online