'95 Cobra front fender emblems

CobraRGuy

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm thinking of putting cobra emblems from the 2007 to 2014 GT500 on my '95 Cobra R. Please give me your thoughts on this as far as whether I should do it or not. The stock ones are 2.75" and the newer ones 4.25".

Thanks, CobraRGuy

Last edited:

badass98svt

Reaction score
I'd say no. Not on an original R.
Not to mention the newer Shelby snake looks way too big on our fenders.
Why not just buy another Cobra if you want to modify it? Weren't you interested in swapping a 00R front bumper on there too?
The value will definitely drop on that R the more you modify it. Unless it's a Cobra R clone, and not the real deal.
If I saw a real 95R with a O0R front bumper and the wrong snakes on the fenders, I'd assume it wasn't the real deal. It would look more like a tribute car.
At the end of the day though, it is your car. Do what makes you happy.

Edit, by looking at your profile pic, it looks as though you have a clone. I see black interior.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CobraRGuy

CobraRGuy

Reaction score
I'd say no. Not on an original R.
Not to mention the newer Shelby snake looks way too big on our fenders.
Why not just buy another Cobra if you want to modify it? Weren't you interested in swapping a 00R front bumper on there too?
The value will definitely drop on that R the more you modify it. Unless it's a Cobra R clone, and not the real deal.
If I saw a real 95R with a O0R front bumper and the wrong snakes on the fenders, I'd assume it wasn't the real deal. It would look more like a tribute car.
At the end of the day though, it is your car. Do what makes you happy.

Edit, by looking at your profile pic, it looks as though you have a clone. I see black interior.
It's a real R. This is #242 of 250. I took the horrible factory seats out and put black&red Momo fiberglass seats in it. I also replaced the original saddle colored plastic steering wheel with a black Ford Racing leather wrapped wheel.
In my mind, the fender snakes look too small. This car is already very heavily modified and will never be put back to stock. I will also never sell it, so the value of it is a non-issue. For whatever reason, these cars just don't get a lot of love on the market. People seem to be having a difficult time getting $40K for them still in the wrappers. The '93 Rs sell for more and they had zero success racing. There were just fewer of them made (107). The 2000s sell for more and they are faster stock, but they had no success racing either because they were pushed from GS to the SGS class where they were not competitive against the Corvettes and Porsches.

OP
OP
CobraRGuy

CobraRGuy

Reaction score
if ya like them do it
My buddy Tom is in Corydon, IN. I've been crewing for him at Bonneville Speed Week for the last several years. He built a Blown Gas Streamliner (BGS/C). So far his fastest run has been 365 MPH exit speed. The record in that class is 369 and change. We think Tom's car is capable of 400 MPH but the EFI has never been tuned properly (and he's had transmission problems). This is the Bonneville Salt Shark. If you do a search for that you'll find his Facebook page where he details the entire design and build.
I had a chance to witness Speed Demon setting a record for the world's fastest piston engine car at 471 MPH. That was pretty cool.

Attachments

• IMG_20200809_083720516_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200809_083720516_HDR.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 3

RICKERMAN

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm thinking of putting cobra emblems from the 2007 to 2014 GT500 on my '95 Cobra R. Please give me your thoughts on this as far as whether I should do it or not. The stock ones are 2.75" and the newer ones 4.25".

Thanks, CobraRGuy
If your sure they'll fit, do it. I put a chrome billit grill on my '96 with a new snake and 2.75" is all it would fit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online