'95 Cobra restored taillights and photoshoot

Pushrodsnake

Reaction score
I finally had a chance to install the original taillights that 95steedamustang (the guy building KidK9 's car) restored for me!

Even though I spent a pretty penny on the repaint for the Cobra, they nonetheless screwed up heavily when they painted and smoked my stock tails. I had pictures, but I deleted them.
clear.png
Anyway, suffice to say that they masked them all wrong to the point of being very obvious in the final product. The guy who painted them also used the VHT nightshades and told me he had never used it before. He ended up spraying too many coats, leaving them so dark that I was afraid to drive the car at night or with the sun behind me for fear that someone would rear end me and get their insurance to say that I was at fault because of the dark taillights.

After seeing 95steedamustang's build thread on stangnet and his awesome taillights, I sent him a PM and asked if he would be willing to redo my tails if I shipped them to him. He agreed, and about two months later, they look even better than new. I had been running '96-'98 tails, so I'm happy to have the originals back on. Everything is as it should be.

The tails right after I unboxed them.
DSC_0507_zpsca5e8b9b.jpg

And Installed
DSC_0532_zpse2a8a235.jpg

DSC_0536_zps32bb6254.jpg

DSC_0550_zps97ee00c0.jpg

DSC_0554_zps2d73a788.jpg

DSC_0559_zps786f7083.jpg

DSC_0564_zps86c8cd3b.jpg

DSC_0591_zpse596e2bd.jpg

DSC_0594_zps11b3157e.jpg

DSC_0597_zps16061dfa.jpg

DSC_0603_zps3e4fe95f.jpg

DSC_0608_zps20b568fc.jpg

DSC_0623_zpsc0855763.jpg

DSC_0639_zps67de7437.jpg

DSC_0643_zps6066b7b3.jpg

DSC_0653_zps5a53da9e.jpg

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Looks awesome on your car. Grats.

Was going to say sell me the 96-98 lights, but your half way around the world lol!

OP
OP
Pushrodsnake

Pushrodsnake

Reaction score
Looks awesome on your car. Grats.

Was going to say sell me the 96-98 lights, but your half way around the world lol!

Thanks! I was going to put them on eBay or something. Priority Mail shipping to the states was only about $30-40 when I shipped them.

Darhawk

Reaction score
[MENTION=17955]Pushrodsnake[/MENTION] Looks great, nice pics too! Looks like a great place to snap a few. 13 and 14 are really goood!

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That last picture is killer.

Car looks remarkably good. I wish it had black interior though.

OP
OP
Pushrodsnake

Pushrodsnake

Reaction score
Whats ur exhaust tip setup? Looks good.
El cheapo Dynomax tailpipes for fox body LX with 18x3" tips. I had the exhaust shop give them the upward angle when they welded everything up.

That last picture is killer.

Car looks remarkably good. I wish it had black interior though.
Thanks. My plan is to swap in an '01-'04 dark charcoal grey interior into it once we get back to the states.

Really nice pics, beautiful car.
Thanks! That means a lot coming from someone with a masterpiece like yours in your signature. :thumbsup:

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
foose wheels and bfg tires look awesome man!!!

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
The taillights came out great! The car looks very good overall. Definitely a head turner SN95.

How do you like those KDW2 tires?

OP
OP
Pushrodsnake

Pushrodsnake

Reaction score
Pushrodsnake Looks great, nice pics too! Looks like a great place to snap a few. 13 and 14 are really goood!
Thanks. That place is Burg Lichtenberg (Lichtenberg Castle). It's a ruined castle that we can see from our apartment. Nice place to visit.

foose wheels and bfg tires look awesome man!!!
Thanks. Honestly, if I had it to do over I would have bought different wheels. They look nice, but those fake two-piece bolt holes really suck to clean out. Not to mention that the chrome has started to bubble in a few small places. That definitely shouldn't happen for what I paid for these wheels. At least you can't see it from a distance. Maybe I'll buy some new wheels in a year or two. Wife just had a kid, so the car is a little low on the priority list right now. However, it will NOT be sold. Unless some rich German offers me 10,000 Euro for it or something. Haha.

looks good man, I really like how the tail lights came out.
Thanks. I'm very pleased as well. He really knows what he's doing. The transition from lens to bezel is flawless.

Looks great. He sent me a picture of these before he sent them to you.
Yeah. His work is awesome. I think I'm going to ask him if he wouldn't mind doing my headlights as well.

The taillights came out great! The car looks very good overall. Definitely a head turner SN95.

How do you like those KDW2 tires?
Thanks. It definitely turns a lot of heads here. The tires are pretty good. They grip fairly well in corners with not too harsh a ride. And you can't beat the look of the tread pattern, that's for sure.

JonBeast

Legend
Reaction score
Sickkkkk man...I love cowl hoods with crab claws...it just flows so perfectly and looks beefy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinastang78

Members online