95 GT, speedometer stopped working

trebor3170

Reaction score
95 GT, 5spd, so I'm driving home from work today, and my speedometer isn't working, everything else is, radio, clock, tachometer, other gauges, odometer, so that rules out a fuse. First thought is the VSS, take a little side trip where I can try the cruise, well, cruise control works, in fact, car runs just fine. So, any ideas what's wrong here, or is my speedo toast?

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve had clusters go bad. Find a cheap replacement from a salvage yard or eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lutter94

Reaction score
Pull the stepper motor out of an ebay cluster, I assume you want your odo to stay correct....

OP
OP
trebor3170

trebor3170

Reaction score
Thanks guys, problem solved, it was the speedo crapped out, got the cluster swapped out yesterday, early afternoon, and am back in business.

I have the cluster from my 94 I am not using. Pm me if your interested.

Thank you for the offer, I knew where one was, just had to get it, but wanted to see what the general consensus was first.

Pull the stepper motor out of an ebay cluster, I assume you want your odo to stay correct....

Yes, I'm going to do that as soon as I have a chance, for now I'll just leave it as is, the little I drive this thing won't matter. I'm going to look at the replacements printed circuit, the one on the back, a couple of the connector contact strips look a little wonky, not the ones for the speedo thou.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online