95 Mustang IRS Swap

IgottaV8

Reaction score
Ok, well I decided that I wanted an IRS in my mustang for whatever reason, and it just so happened that a buddy of mine has an 03 Cobra, and was wanting to get a Solid rear Axle, so I talked to him and we worked out a trade. It is at the shop right now and should be done soon, I can't wait.

Pics are @ http://renegademustangs.wordpress.com/

OP
OP
I

IgottaV8

Reaction score
Probably the guys Borla Stingers, I don't know though.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Borla stingers rock. I would find out if i would put the ones on i have sitting in my garage :)

OP
OP
I

IgottaV8

Reaction score
Got it done, drove it about 12 miles to work, definently will take a bit of getting used to. Otherwise it feels awesome, next mod is 3.73 gears. I will tell you how it does when I have a chance to go on some twisties.

Mustanger

Reaction score
That mod is on my big want to do list! Congrats & keep us updated on how you like it! REALLY interested!

OP
OP
I

IgottaV8

Reaction score
No, on the older 94-98 cars, some modifications are needed for a few of the mounting points, also you need to have exhaust hengers fabricated for the tail-pipes as the mounting location for the 99-04 cobra's are different. I don't know what else they did, but they were saying something about the pinion flanges not going up right, they got it figured out though.

atlanticblue98

Reaction score
IgottaV8 said:
No, on the older 94-98 cars, some modifications are needed for a few of the mounting points, also you need to have exhaust hengers fabricated for the tail-pipes as the mounting location for the 99-04 cobra's are different. I don't know what else they did, but they were saying something about the pinion flanges not going up right, they got it figured out though.

when you say hangers, you mean the ones near the bumper?

if so, they changed the design in 98. my catback is from an 04 and fit with no modifications

OP
OP
I

IgottaV8

Reaction score
Was it from a Cobra though? I think that the mounting points for the cobra are different because of the IRS.

OP
OP
I

IgottaV8

Reaction score
It must have been those, because he said that it wouldn't just be a bolt-in endeavor.

OP
OP
I

IgottaV8

Reaction score
I drove it a bit more, and I really need some 3.73s in this, it feels so much slower than before, especially with the 3.55s that are in it.

Mustanger

Reaction score
IgottaV8 said:
I drove it a bit more, and I really need some 3.73s in this, it feels so much slower than before, especially with the 3.55s that are in it.

I doubt you would feel much diff in 3:73's compared to 3:55's in seat of the pants...not worth the money to change.

NERD

Reaction score
I <3 IRS Even at 600+ rwhp. I can't wait till I can install it this spring.

Witzy0070

Reaction score
bike-girl-zombie_zps9fc7cw2q.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srchop16

Members online