95 Tail light Question

JTEarp

Reaction score
I have a question for you all with 94 to 95 mustangs. I recently purchased the car and I really enjoy it. The previous owner did not do much to keep it clean. The rear tail lights are starting to fade and don't mach the paint well. What do you all recommend to bring the shine back to the painted areas of the tailights and take away the cloudyness to the lenses.

Thanks
James

94TURBO5 0

Reaction score
Use Mothers mag and aluminum polish with the red label and some elbow grease and I guarantee they will be ruby red in 2 coats.

OP
OP
J

JTEarp

Reaction score
Thanks for the info on the lens but do you also have a recommendation for the painted areas of the tail lights.

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You could do a super light wetsand if you know what your doing, and buff it out, should look great. Or you could do a quick wetsand then just re-clear them...im assuming you have polished and waxed and that didnt help?

ALITL8

Reaction score
you could also go to AutomotiveTouchup.com and order your paint code in a spray can ;D you can also get code matched Duplicolor Paints at walmart, i think :)

CrazyHorse95GT

Reaction score
I agree with the mag polish on the lenses, nothing makes them look newer. As far as the bezels.... I would be weary about painting them black, If you don't have any other black elsewhere (wheels, spoiler, etc) its gonna look pretty damn tacky if you ask me.

OP
OP
J

JTEarp

Reaction score
Thanks for the info everybody. I agree with painting them black. My car is Teal color and black taillights might not look right. I'm going to find the color info and try to repaint them in original color.

ALITL8

Reaction score
JTEarp said:
Thanks for the info everybody. I agree with painting them black. My car is Teal color and black taillights might not look right. I'm going to find the color info and try to repaint them in original color.

your paint code should be in the drvr side door jam on the VCL ;)

samplevcl.jpg

OP
OP
J

JTEarp

Reaction score
Thanks for all the suggestions. I went out and used rubbing compound on the taillight bezals and the lights also. This cleaned them right up and they look good they match the paint again. It took about 40 min per side but the results are great. Thanks again.

James

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online