'95 Vert w/Mach 460 Stereo Upgrade

Z06killinsbf

Reaction score
How does it sound with the prefab box? I made the change to ported boxes and have a hard time justifying a sealed prefab. Input?

OP
OP
I

InstaBurn

Reaction score
OP
OP
I

InstaBurn

Reaction score
How does it sound with the prefab box? I made the change to ported boxes and have a hard time justifying a sealed prefab. Input?
The system slams!..

It gets nasty loud, tons of bass with the top down and tonneau cover on actually.
It will annoy neighbors, old people, girlfriends, people stuck in traffic in front of you... you name it.

Each MTX amp puts out approx 800 watts @ 14.4v dynamically...
Each sub handles up to 1k watts...and it was a proven combo in my '94 Z28... so I kinda knew I had the right stuff to make it loud.

I highly recommend the eBay sub box setup, I probably wouldn't opt for the center plexi cover again though.

I will also say that having the bridge piece in between both boxes is a must. The subs would most likely come dislodged and flop around if they weren't compression fit/stuck in place by having that center board pushing against both sub boxes.

Be prepared to shore up all areas of the trunk with as much sound proofing material as possible.. in hindsight, I would have removed the spoiler and put a decoupler grommet/gasket where the base meets the top of the trunk. A thin layer of CLD with some thin 1/8 lb or lighter MLV would have been good.

When I see the car again, I will take shots of the trunk lid w/MLV... I didn't have time to take a snapshot after I applied it.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
This is great! I really like that USB thing. I will say I was never a big fan of losing all my trunk space to subs, but at the same time I am not a bass guy, but this is really cool of you to do!

OP
OP
I

InstaBurn

Reaction score
This is great! I really like that USB thing. I will say I was never a big fan of losing all my trunk space to subs, but at the same time I am not a bass guy, but this is really cool of you to do!
The same sub setup and amps was about x2 as loud in the '94 Z28, the hatch really amplified the bass...

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
a hatch is just the ideal setup for any bass head. Long long ago, in a galaxy far far away, I was 16-18 and one of the big names still in car subs were the bazooka bass tubes. I had the 6.5" set because that was all I could fit behind the seat of my ranger and they sounded pretty good for 6.5s. But then I sold them to a buddy with a 91 firebird. He even had the same amp but they sounded 10x better in his hatch.

I can't wait till I get the car back on the road and can get back on the stereo build. I will be doing a single 15 sub in back to support the 9" woofers in the doors. Should make for an interesting mix with such a large woofer up front. I have never ran a system like this so hopefully it rocks...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online