96-98 Cobra bolt-on RWHP

96_SVT_Cobra

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^nice numbers.
when mine had the stock motor in it with off road x, flowmasters, jlt cai, 90 mm lightning mass air, 4.1 gears made 283 hp 276 tq.

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
you guys are getting a little optimistic with the 300+rwhp with what he has..

The next step, which WILL deffinately throw you over the 300 mark would be IMRC deletes, and a short runner intake.. then SCT tune...

Also it would be good to swap gears, throw an aluminum DS and flywheel at it.. you will notice your RPMs rise significantly quicker and drop quicker for better responce... Also lighter rims will really help you feel the power better.. But thats going into a whole different subject with weight reduction... just do whats posted above and ull be good to go on the 300+ mark

Guido

Reaction score
Goindeafonmtx said:
Jaxon said:
Thats one hell of a factory freak. Longtubes?
Yes. Hookers with matching X. Thats it.
DSC00074.jpg
nice numbers and mean looking car!

oemracing

Reaction score
what are IMRC deletes? that is a hell of an acronym.... never mind googled it intake manifold runner control. Would wiring that open cause a decrease in fuel economy?
yeah I know, I looked at the gas prices for the first time this weekend in 4 months and thought huh is 2.45 normal... ehhhh whatever san diego was 2.45 in Febuary.

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
that dyno pic' doesnt say ANYTHIGN bout sae smoothing thoes numbers are off... depending on the temp and intake air it could e off alot ... but if not good nubmers

fastgtfairlane

Reaction score
this is the question you have to ask yourself, whats more important how much power it makes or how fast is it? just because one car may make more peak hp than another does that mean the car is faster? A dyno is meant to be nothing more than a tuning device. no 2 dynos will put out the same numbers on the same car. they are all calibrated differently.

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
very very good point, a guy i know has 560 to the wheels of his 05gt he runs a 12.2.... enough said.. sorry bout the spelling earlier

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online