96 cobra breaks up under WOT

OP
OP
P

Pedrothecobra

Reaction score
It sounds like you have things well in hand. Keep us updated if you can, I love to follow builds
yea i was hoping to be able to drive it this coming season and shake it down before getting into the motor, but fuck it lol going to be looking for a blower soon on top of everything

Serfma

Reaction score
Are you still having this issue Pedro? I have a 96 Cobra that I have replaced the pump multiple times on. Same issue: Everything is fine except WOT after around 3k+. Fuel pressure would slowly drop off when I used a gauge, nothing quick (
) and I replaced my pump beacuse of it. I used a weaker pump since it's all I had in the meanwhile and it worked great until a day or two later that WOTs were cutting up again. Replaced with a 255 Walboro and.. same thing again. Worked great, days later, issue came back. I am about to lose my mind.

OP
OP
P

Pedrothecobra

Reaction score
Are you still having this issue Pedro? I have a 96 Cobra that I have replaced the pump multiple times on. Same issue: Everything is fine except WOT after around 3k+. Fuel pressure would slowly drop off when I used a gauge, nothing quick (
) and I replaced my pump beacuse of it. I used a weaker pump since it's all I had in the meanwhile and it worked great until a day or two later that WOTs were cutting up again. Replaced with a 255 Walboro and.. same thing again. Worked great, days later, issue came back. I am about to lose my mind.
My issue cleared up with the pump. Pull your vacuum line off at your regulator. Your pressure should jump up to 45-50psi. I did replace mine during my frustration while trying to track down the problem. How long have you had your car? I also had wiring issues. Also does your break up happen with low fuel level?

Serfma

Reaction score
My issue cleared up with the pump. Pull your vacuum line off at your regulator. Your pressure should jump up to 45-50psi. I did replace mine during my frustration while trying to track down the problem. How long have you had your car? I also had wiring issues. Also does your break up happen with low fuel level?
Wow so I feel like an idiot. The symptoms were VERY similar to what I had in the past, except today I found out my fuel pressure is good. Everything's been replaced besides my coils.. decided to test it just in case and sure enough that was the problem. Blowing the tires off like it used to, now! Lol

OP
OP
P

Pedrothecobra

Reaction score
Wow so I feel like an idiot. The symptoms were VERY similar to what I had in the past, except today I found out my fuel pressure is good. Everything's been replaced besides my coils.. decided to test it just in case and sure enough that was the problem. Blowing the tires off like it used to, now! Lol
Awesome. So what did you end up finding?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online