'96 Cobra -- JLT Intake & Full Exhaust *** New Vid In First Post ***

switch96

Reaction score
Bit the bullet on Monday and ordered JLT's CAI, Flowtech Long tubes, X-pipe, and MAC Cat-Back dumps. Everything fit excellent. The steering wheel rubs slightly as it goes right through the header, but it just makes it feel more like a muscle car :grin:. I strongly suggest anyone putting longtubes on their 4v REMOVE THE K-MEMBER. Though time consuming, I can't imagine trying to do the job without dropping it. I must've had the springs a little bit off before too, as the car seems to sit a good bit lower! There's quite a difference in the get up and go, which should be further multiplied when I install my 4.10's next weekend. Here's a vid on my crappy camera (sorry) and some pics. Unfortunately I forgot to take a pic of the dumps before the went on the car, but they fit great with the stock rubber hangers. The X-Pipe also fit the crossmember easily.

Full Mod List:
JLT Cold Air Intake
Flowtech Long Tube Headers
Flowtech X-Pipe
MAC Cat-Back Dumps
Steeda Tri-Ax Short Throw
Eibach Pro-Kit Springs
17x9 Terminator Cobra Wheels
245/45R-17 Bridgestone G009 Tires
Clock-Pod Gauges
Clear Corners
Tinted Tails

And soon: 4.10's :eek:ccasion14:

***NEW VIDEO:***

YouTube
- Broadcast Yourself.

YouTube
- Broadcast Yourself.

IMG_1821.jpg

IMG_1822.jpg

IMG_1823.jpg

IMG_1824.jpg

IMG_1825.jpg

IMG_1808.jpg

dafizuck

Reaction score
Re: '96 Cobra -- JLT Intake & Full Exhaust

Sounds awesome man. Space those rear wheels out a touch and that thing would be perfect.

BLWNBYU

Reaction score

sounds great!!! l love the raspiness of macs with an X

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

nice bro. i always hated the dimple on the OEM cobra intake tube. that JLT is much nicer.

WILLCAT

Reaction score

Sounds awesome man, let us know how you like the 4.10's, I have a set of 4.30's in the box waiting to go on my snake.

dutch

Reaction score

sounds and looks great

jmstang66

Reaction score

glad i'm not the only one with flowtech longtubes and flowtech o/r x! were you impressed with the quality of them?

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score

sounds good. I would have went for the RAI instead of the CAI, i've read too many threads about people having the CAI. And i've had a couple different JLT RAI's on different cars and they were great.

96_SVT_Cobra

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score

sounds and looks great. i think ill end up getting me some of those headers, glad to see everything went together well. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
S

switch96

Reaction score

Thanks, everyone.

jmstang66 said:
glad i'm not the only one with flowtech longtubes and flowtech o/r x! were you impressed with the quality of them?

I can't be sure of the overall quality yet (we'll see about leaks and such after more heat cycles), but the parts looked to be engineered well. Everything fit together perfectly except for the slight rub of the steering rack. My only complaint is that they decided to put the driver's side front O2 sensor pointing away from the motor!

DFG_Pimpin said:
sounds good. I would have went for the RAI instead of the CAI, i've read too many threads about people having the CAI. And i've had a couple different JLT RAI's on different cars and they were great.

I've never heard anything bad about them? It fit great, installed in about 45 minutes, and I sure think it looks better than RAI.

96_SVT_Cobra said:
sounds and looks great. i think ill end up getting me some of those headers, glad to see everything went together well. :thumbsup:

As of now, I highly reccomend them, as well as the X-Pipe. The headers were only $299 and the X was 109. My butt dyno approves!!

5.Woahhh

Reaction score

Dumps=Fail: JLT=Win

96_SVT_Cobra

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score

switch96 said:
Thanks, everyone.

jmstang66 said:

I can't be sure of the overall quality yet (we'll see about leaks and such after more heat cycles), but the parts looked to be engineered well. Everything fit together perfectly except for the slight rub of the steering rack. My only complaint is that they decided to put the driver's side front O2 sensor pointing away from the motor!

DFG_Pimpin said:

I've never heard anything bad about them? It fit great, installed in about 45 minutes, and I sure think it looks better than RAI.

96_SVT_Cobra said:

As of now, I highly reccomend them, as well as the X-Pipe. The headers were only $299 and the X was 109. My butt dyno approves!!

back when i was NA i had the JLT CAI and loved it. looked so clean and never had a problem, i also had a 90mm lightning maf too. As for the headers and x for 410 bux for both is a great price. i think id like to try and do a 3" x with mine when i get them since it has a 3" collector and 3" catback dumped. i definitely am glad to hear that you are that impressed with them.

OP
OP
S

switch96

Reaction score

5.Woahhh said:
Dumps=Fail: JLT=Win

I wasn't sure if I'd like them at first, but a buddy of mine has an LS1 with dumps and I've always liked it's rumble -- the way it echos off the ground. I'm really glad I got them!

jmstang66

Reaction score

switch96 said:
Thanks, everyone.

jmstang66 said:

yeah that was one of my complaints as well..that and the x pipe sits waay too low. i wasn't pleased at all with the quality of mine..the 1st set i got was obviously used, abused, rusted, and returned, then shipped to me, so i had to reorder them, i got decent ones back, but meh..next time i'll fork over the extra cash to get bbk or mac

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon

Members online