96 Cobra supercharged

the.greg

Reaction score
Location: Marietta, GA. Price 9500, I will list it here first then svtp and corral if no one here is interested, because sn95 is the best :p

I am selling my 96 Cobra. I bought the car about 7 months ago, from a member on this site,when I got it the supercharger was only running 5psi boost. Since then Ive done lots of preventive maintenance on the car and upped the boost to 9psi. The car was tuned twice at Kurgan Motorsports to get it tuned for a very safe daily driving tune. Ive done lots of maintenance work to ensure the car is in good shape and is reliable. It has a clean GA title and is ready to go anywhere. It passes emissions with no issues, although occasionally(especially when its cold out?) it does throw a CEL code for the evap/charcoal canister low flow,code P1443. I normally just wait a few days and it goes away or it can be cleared with the xcal3 too.

Visual Mod list: 96 Crystal White Cobra, mileage 116k, converted to black interior, new cobra headlights/clear corners, hid headlights and hid fogs, 18x9/18x10 fr500 wheels, new tires less than 4k miles on rears, about 8k on fronts. fresh brake pads all around, sequential tail light kit, led license plate bulbs, rare expensive oem export side view mirrors,

Performance Mods: 1.5 liter Kenne Bell Supercharger, Snow Performance stage 2 methyl alcohol injection system, 03-04 cobra COP conversion, 8 new motorcraft coils, 42lb fuel injectors, 255 walbro fuel pump, Mishimoto radiator, Moroso coolant reservior, BBK cold air intake, 90mm Lightning MAF, Ram hdx clutch, Ram billet flywheel, Ford Racing HD clutch cable, throwout bearing, and clutch quadrant, BBK catless h pipe, Flowmaster catback, Magnaflow exhaust tips, Tokico adjustable shocks and struts, Steeda caster/camber plates, Steeda progressive rate lowering springs, Steeda rear control arms upper and lower, newly installed Moog balljoints, newly installed inner/outer tie rods, aluminum driveshaft w/ safety loop, freshly installed Gates heavy duty radiator hoses, new 170 degree tstat, I also completely changed the coolant twice in the last 3 months because I had to drain it anyway to install the tstat.

Also the IAT sensor was replaced with a Ford Lightning metal unit that was installed directly into the intake manifold for precise IAT readings to assist in tuning the meth injection, and insuring the IAT temps stay as low as possible. I have a sct dash-unit that plugs into the obd2 port that monitors various engine parameters live while driving. I use it to monitor the IAT temps, coolant temps, and so forth. It is a very good way to keep an eye on things. Also for safety the meth injection has a green led that lights up when the meth is spraying as well as a red led light that comes on if the meth stops spraying in the event of running out or any other disruption in the meth flow. This is a very safe method for keeping the blower from heat soak, since there is no intercooler options for this particular blower setup. I use boost juice for meth, it usually only takes about 1 gallon bottle every 3-4 weeks but that depends on how often you get into boost.

Interior: converted to black interior, 2001 Cobra seats, (average condition with some visible wear, originally from duh08 on here I believe) (black leather/grey suede), Autometer boost gauge and coolant temperature gauge, led ac lights, jvc head-unit, 1999+ shifter bezel and center console, mach 1 aluminum pedals, Steeda tri ax short shifter, 03 cobra style shift knob,

The Cobra is in great shape mechanically. The only downside is that the paint has spots that the paint is flaking, due to it being originally a Florida car, I believe the sun got to it. Only one dime sized dent, no rust at all, just some spots that it has started flaking off exposing the grey gel coated body panels underneath. I keep the paint waxed and sealed at all times, but it is a 1996 vehicle and the paint shows its age. I was going to have the areas fixed, but I'm a commuter college student so I drive it all the time and I was planning on waiting until I graduate to repaint the car, but now its time for me to move on to a slower car.

This is my daily driver, and I have a conservative dyno tune from Kurgan Motorsports on it at 9psi it made 371hp/352tq. I also have a 7psi pulley and a 11psi pulley that will go with the car in addition the the xcal3 its tuned with. I also have all the maintenance receipts from the previous owner of the car(96VenemousCobra), and the Kenne Bell manual and installation instructions that came with the blower.

This car really drives great, and for the price its hard to find a quicker ride. It really just needs some attention in the paint department to be "done" in my opinion. The link is to my youtube channel showing pulls and walkaround of the paint up close, Some of the maintenance I've done is drain/fill rear diff fluid, flush trans fluid, changed fuel filter, fresh oil change, thats all I can think of right now.

http://www.youtube.com/user/thegregs96kbcobra/videos
IMG_1890.jpg

IMG_3764.jpg

IMG_2164.jpg

dyno001.jpg

IMG_6846.jpg

OP
OP
the.greg

the.greg

Reaction score
did you happen to get that from a guy on the indiana Ky boarder did ya?

No, got it from a member on here Venemous96Cobra, from Kissimmee Florida about 7 months ago.

And I forgot to say the Cobra is tuned to run only on premium 93 octane fuel btw. Oh and if it makes some of yall feel better I decided to get a pontiac gto not a honda s2000 next lol.

Knuckles@Empire

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
ugh i do want, if i get this though itll postpone my cobra for a few decisions decisions, either way gl with sale bud lets hope it finds a good home.

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
Bump for a CW Cobra owner!

If you are willing (and I'd be EXTREMELY greatful) I'd buy the mirrors off you plus send you my OEM mirrors. Haha, I know the answer will be no but I had to try.

Regardless all the car needs is some patching up paint wise and it's good to go!!

OP
OP
the.greg

the.greg

Reaction score
Thanks a lot. I'd like to try to sell it as is, but give me a week or so and I'll probly be willing to sell the mirrors. I kinda want a quick sale, found out I'm gonna be moving soon and need something a bit more economical.

All this needs is some paint, I'm contemplating fixing the paint and raising my asking price, but I'd rather let the buyer take care of that in case they want to repaint a new color, or just paint the bad spots etc. Its honestly not that bad, but it is very bad in the bad spots lol. Kinda hard to describe which is why I have a thorough vid on youtube to show the paint.

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
ugh i do want, if i get this though itll postpone my cobra for a few decisions decisions, either way gl with sale bud lets hope it finds a good home.

maybe I'll sell you mine ;) lol I've been contemplating it, but I'm not sure if a 2005 GT is for me.

OP
OP
the.greg

the.greg

Reaction score
BUMP! Here is the link to my photobucket album with more pics of the car. Also I'm adding some interior shots as well. The back-drivers side seat has a stain in the seat, as well as the front passenger seat, and both front seats are beginning to show some bolster wear. Nonetheless they clean up nicely and are far nicer than the stock 96 interior imho.
http://s378.photobucket.com/albums/oo224/thegreg94celica/96 cobra/
IMG_3822.jpg

IMG_8369.jpg

IMG_3448.jpg

IMG_0776.jpg

IMG_2266.jpg

boston2k4

Reaction score
Any luck with the sale? this is a clean car and if you still have it when i get home in june i will be taking a drive... my stable got some room in it perhaps

OP
OP
the.greg

the.greg

Reaction score
Any luck with the sale? this is a clean car and if you still have it when i get home in june i will be taking a drive... my stable got some room in it perhaps

Its still available, but right now I'm working on replacing the trans with a built up t45, so it is gonna be down for about 3-4 weeks.

Ahhh my old seats. How I sometimes miss them.

Yeah I enjoy them daily now haha.

dino

Reaction score
Interested in trading plus cash for a very clean, well maintained goat? Ls2, 6 speed, black on black. Couple SAP parts. Full exhaust. 110k miles. Would need 3-4k on top probably, unless I just fall in love with the cobra.

What's the new t45? How soon ready?

OP
OP
the.greg

the.greg

Reaction score
Interested in trading plus cash for a very clean, well maintained goat? Ls2, 6 speed, black on black. Couple SAP parts. Full exhaust. 110k miles. Would need 3-4k on top probably, unless I just fall in love with the cobra.

What's the new t45? How soon ready?
I was actually selling to buy a gto lol. The trans is at "the t45 source" right now getting a rebuild. Should have it back in 3-4 weeks. Not sure if I'l gonna be able to part with the cobra after all the $ I spent on the trans rebuild. I'll update when I get the trans back. I'm also fixing a lot of the paint chips while I wait on the trans to be back.

dino

Reaction score
I was actually selling to buy a gto lol. The trans is at "the t45 source" right now getting a rebuild. Should have it back in 3-4 weeks. Not sure if I'l gonna be able to part with the cobra after all the $ I spent on the trans rebuild. I'll update when I get the trans back. I'm also fixing a lot of the paint chips while I wait on the trans to be back.

Let me know what ya think when ready.