96 Mach 460 no sound

96RedGT4.6

Reaction score
i just bought a 96 mustang gt with the mach 460 stereo in it. the problem is it doesnt have any sound at all, ive replaced both rear amps with known working amps, and ive replaced the head unit with a sony one (using the correct metra harness) ive tried both the sony and the factory head unit and they both turn on have reception, play cd's etc, but have no sound at all from the speakers, ive been told to replace the front amp, could this be the problem? ive checked both the under dash and the underhood audio fuses also and checked all harness's to ensure they are connected. anyone else have this problem? thanks

OP
OP

96RedGT4.6

Reaction score
update, replaced front amp, still no sound at all using either the factory or the sony unit any ideas?

CanaryGT

Reaction score
Honestly I would test to see if your speakers work when plugged into the sony deck without any other amplifiers. If it does let me know.

FordInjected

Reaction score
first. CHECK YOUR FUSES! next. i would take a DMM (digital multi meter) and set it to dc voltage and do a Vdrop test to see if you are dropping all your volatge. then check your grounds. another possibility is you have a short to ground. as in, somewhere along your wiring, it is touching a good ground and bypassing components of your system.

ThePope

Reaction score
Do you have the right wiring harness to have the Mach 460 system work with a aftermarket deck?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bwiz760

Members online