'97 Mustang GT and '04 Focus SVT

JDwhite98gt

Reaction score
Very nice. I wouldnt mind having one for a DD. I'm confused though, you're having a baby but bought another 2 door car, is it that much more practical than the stang? I have a 9 month old and he loves the stang. I say " wanna go vroom vroom?" and he starts kicking and laughing, the NVH level of my car is also a good way to put him to sleep when he wants to stay up all night too.

94-427

Reaction score
Gave UP mustangs when kids were young, now my kids are marryed and out of my house have my mustang back
and a small mustang salvage yard . keep prioritys in order and all will work out

OP
OP
S

SBSVT

Reaction score
jdwhite-it would be easier for my girlfriend to get a car seat in and out of if she ever needed to drive my car plus it gets better mpg

JiMi_DRiX

Reaction score
BII302 said:
correct me if i'm wrong but didn't some focus's come supercharged? I saw one at a dealer before with a supercharged badge on it

Nooooope. There were those not so attractive Saleen ones a few years ago. They had the hookup for Nitrous, but it would void the warranty.

There are lots of v6's and GT's out there with Cobra badges and Roush/Saleen Body kits on them, it doesnt mean thats whats under the hood. :)

BII302

Reaction score
From what i gathered FRPP had a supercharger kit with jackson racing, and it's possible it was a dealer installed option, idk never popped the hood but it was a brand new car at the time so i doubt they slapped supercharged badges on there for the hell of it

JiMi_DRiX

Reaction score
Ah, well more than likely it was a dealer installed/modded Focus. None ever came like that from the factory. We use to do drag packs on Mustangs, and do lifts, tires and wheels on F-150's.

hottwheels04

Reaction score
u have a cool grandma? so she has your mustang now for daily driver and a corvette for weekend fun? lol

palooza13

Reaction score
Congrats on the SVT focus. I have driven one of those the last 2 years and am in the middle of trading it for a Cobra. Great car and tons of fun.

Willis_98GT

Reaction score
thats awesome man, that car is perfect for a daily

i had a focus for like 3 years before i got my stang and i wish i would have kept it honestly, its the perfect car to combine with a mustang.

OP
OP
S

SBSVT

Reaction score
95gtjeff-yep its pretty weird. i cant wait until the day she lets me drive the vette. its got the auto in it, but you can put it in sport mode i think she called it and use the paddle shifters. it looks amazing to be a GM product. ill try to get some pics of it and post them. she is the only one in my area with a silver corvette at least that i know of

OP
OP
S

SBSVT

Reaction score
thanks man thats a badass pic in your sig

Mustang Mark

Reaction score
nice focus. does the svt focus have any more power over the regular focus?

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
both nice cars man, I think the SVT Focus is a pretty cool li'l car. Definitely seems like it would be a blast to drive although I've never had the pleasure.

OP
OP
S

SBSVT

Reaction score
mustang mark-the focus engine that is the 2.0l zetec has 130hp 135tq the 2.3l has 148hp 152tq and the 2.0l sohc has 110hp 125tq now the svt focus has a beefed up version of the 2.0l zetec that has forged connectiing rods, high compression pistons, i think a few other things, and must run premium fuel and has 170hp 145tq. it seems low but the car also only weighs 2750 and has an amazingly smooth 6 speed manual getrag gearbox that is also shared in the mini cooper s. the car will burn all the way through first and chirp into 2nd with no problem when you pop the clutch. if your just taking off easy and then punch it once your at about 3000rpm it will push you into the seat and chirp into 2nd as well. its a great car and handles amazing to be a fwd. my stang was lowered and i believe the focus can still handle just as well on the svt suspension.

onyxcobra-it is a blast to drive for sure plus the 6 speed is close ratio so its fun to shift through the gears. it handles amazing. once i get my euro stuff in the mail this friday then im going to save to go ahead and take car of the timing belt and tires, then slap a bigger sway bar on the rear since its already got a big one on the front from svt, then it will be time to save for some boost. i want to drop the procharger in it but i just love the little bells and whistles of a turbo the wastegate flutter, bov pshhh and the turbo spool lol they all sound amazing. i cant decide which one i want so turbo or blower is still a debate. the euro stuff i ordered was a euro grille and euro corners. later on im going to add the custom euro tag up front that will say 04 svt

Mustang Mark

Reaction score
im glad to see your happy with the focus. i guess its what you really wanted all along :)

OP
OP
S

SBSVT

Reaction score
well all cars are fun at first lol then the power bug bites. the power bug nipped at me already but it hasnt actually bit yet. i guess that little ****** knows i cant afford the only thing i want to do to it as far as engine work lol. i want to put a procharger blower in it. once its blown then ill be completely happy. ill be adding a bigger rear sway bar in the weeks to come then i probly wotn touch it until i have the money for a blower. i seen a guy on a focus website that made 279fwhp with just a procharger 60lb injectors and a 3" exhaust. and that was on 10lbs of boost so im sure it would hit 300 with just a touch more and in since that car is so light weight then it will fly with that kind of power, will just incredibly suck off the line and will probly spin until you shift into 4th lol

OP
OP
S

SBSVT

Reaction score
good site. i joined focaljet now so im learning up on focus info now

Mustang Mark

Reaction score
army35m said:
well all cars are fun at first lol then the power bug bites. the power bug nipped at me already but it hasnt actually bit yet. i guess that little f*cker knows i cant afford the only thing i want to do to it as far as engine work lol. i want to put a procharger blower in it. once its blown then ill be completely happy. ill be adding a bigger rear sway bar in the weeks to come then i probly wotn touch it until i have the money for a blower. i seen a guy on a focus website that made 279fwhp with just a procharger 60lb injectors and a 3" exhaust. and that was on 10lbs of boost so im sure it would hit 300 with just a touch more and in since that car is so light weight then it will fly with that kind of power, will just incredibly suck off the line and will probly spin until you shift into 4th lol

slicks will solve all traction problems lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon

Members online