98 GT Project

slow90coupe

Reaction score
I picked up this car a few days ago. I definitely wasn't looking for an SN95, but the deal was too good to pass up. It's a 98 GT 5 speed with 178k on it and was in pretty shitty condition. There were a few strange upgrades done to it, like a MAC catback, shaved antenna, 03 Cobra steering wheel, and front and rear cobra brakes but it hadn't been taken care of very well. It drives perfectly though. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out after one day of work.

When I brought it home.

And after a little TLC. I did a full paint correction, painted the roof, swapped wheels, and did some underhood cleaning.

That's all for today. Nothing left that I want to do other than find some cheap wheels for it, cut the springs a little, and put some new headlights in and it will be ready to sell.

mickey

Reaction score
Nice save and now someone will get a clean fun car to drive. Love reading threads about people saveing cars. Good work.

8BangerStangs

Reaction score
Wow.... what a turn around on cleaning that one up. Great motor detailing as well! Congrats.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
lol, always flippin cars. Wish I could find the stuff you do, especially wheels.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Wow, you sat on the other one for quite some time. Do you think this one will sell easier?

Also, what do you do to get those engine bays looking so good?

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
You did more to this in one day than I did to mine in a year lol. Great work man, hope she sells fast

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
This one is going to be much easier to sell since it's not nice enough or modded to where I need to ask a premium and have limited buyers. I'll ask $4500 for it and probably take $4000 for it and be happy. The other one had a very limited market because it was over twice the cost.

I only spent 30 minutes at most on the engine bay actually lol. I sprayed it down with a water hose, sprayed simple green on everything, scrubbed, rinsed and let it dry overnight. Then I took tire shine, coated the whole bay, and then wiped it down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online