98 t5 transmission

Jubert

Reaction score
my car has been thru hell... i installed my short shifter all correctly.... I recently could not shift into 2nd 4th or reverse.. is this just a bad clutch problem ? The clutch feels great but i cant shift.... for example i press clutch then I move my shifter and it goes into the 1 3 and 5 slot but not the 2 4 and reverse slot.. Does anyone have any thoughts ? if i Have a bad transmission does anyone know which other transmissions I could use ?

lutter94

Reaction score
Pretty sure 99+ T5's are world class, but electronic speedo only, it would work with a speed-cal, so you can correct it. Otherwise 94-98 should be the same, the 94/95 GT's having a higher torque spec also.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If the clutch is working fine to get into the other gears, then it should let you go into 2 and 4.

Did you have shifting issues before you installed the short shifter? Any grinding or anything, hard to shift? If you are unable to engage those gears, most likely it's a bent shift fork or the syncro's are shot. If the trans was fine before the short shifter, then that install caused the issue somehow.

OP
OP
Jubert

Jubert

Reaction score
i did set them... but if i set them wrong what might I have messed up..???

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
Loosen the bottom (2,4,R) stop completely. Then drive the car. Just don't hammer the gears.
If it's fixed then adjust the stop to touch the shifter with the trans in 4th.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Staff online

Members online