98 tailpipes

BigBore96

Reaction score
Make sure you post up some pictures/videos of the exhaust once you install it or I vote to hit you with the BAN HAMMER! jk.... but seriously! :thumbsup:

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
They will, I think I'd ultimately like to add some full length Mac rolled tips to my setup, a lot of the new edge catbacks don't get very long tips because the bumper covers the sides.

OP
OP
belber095

belber095

Legend
Reaction score
Make sure you post up some pictures/videos of the exhaust once you install it or I vote to hit you with the BAN HAMMER! jk.... but seriously!
you can expect that in addition to a clip with no midpipe in before i install it :D

5point0

Reaction score
could u post pics of the area you are talking about.. I have some 94-97 flowmaster tailpipes that i was going to use on my 98.. this got me thinking if I have just make a big mistake and need to order 98 tail pipes.. thanks for ur time..

OP
OP
belber095

belber095

Legend
Reaction score
could u post pics of the area you are talking about.. I have some 94-97 flowmaster tailpipes that i was going to use on my 98.. this got me thinking if I have just make a big mistake and need to order 98 tail pipes.. thanks for ur time..
i'm sure you'll be able to get them to fit. only thing you'll have to worry about is the hangars. nothing a shop won't be able to fix for you. i wouldn't worry too much about it.

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
I was gonna run Fox 3in tails on mine but decided to just run 3in dumps for now. Not sure how the Fox tails would fit to be honest I heard they would but I'm not sure I wanna spend the money to find out lol.

Early SN's just take the hanger off and turn it and weld it on. I suppose you could always find a way to maybe twist the hanger? Not sure how that'd work but hey anythings possible lol.

But dude just check Summit. They've got just tails for all years. Fortunately for me I live less than an hour from the Summit in Tallmadge Ohio and I frequently go down there to get parts and spend no less than $200 every time I go LOL.... Cool thing is if they have it in stock online, they have it in stock in the store. It's a massive ass warehouse with a store attatched to it. So badass. But check there!

5point0

Reaction score
I thought all 94-98 Sn bodies used the same tail pipes and hanger.. Can u post pic of the area so I can better understand where needs to be changed. Is there a way to bolt up 94-97 hangers to 98 and have it work..
Yea going to summit is nice but when u live on a Island, summit is a far swim... heehe I went to the one in neveda when I was in cali.. was a nice trip up there.. and yes the store was very big...

OP
OP
belber095

belber095

Legend
Reaction score
the hangar for 94-97 sn's runs in the direction of the car. so from the rear bumper to the front bumper if that makes sense. 98's run from side to side.

BigBore96

Reaction score
the hangar for 94-97 sn's runs in the direction of the car. so from the rear bumper to the front bumper if that makes sense. 98's run from side to side.

Backwards bro.

97 and down tail pipe hangers face the left and right side of the car.these run perpendicular to the tip. aka right angled.

The 98+ face the rear of the car. They run parallel to the tip.

OP
OP
belber095

belber095

Legend
Reaction score
Backwards bro.

97 and down tail pipe hangers face the left and right side of the car.these run perpendicular to the tip. aka right angled.

The 98+ face the rear of the car. They run parallel to the tip.
i got it right, i just did an awful job trying to explain it lol.

OP
OP
belber095

belber095

Legend
Reaction score
i'm just gonna stop talking soon lol.
the hole for the hangar on 98's faces the direction the tailpipe goes. haha did i say something right that time?

5point0

Reaction score
okay so I looked and now see the difference.. The hanger for the 98 is at the bumper support so the hanger tip is facing the rear of the car and the 94-97 is on the frame rail by the quad shock area.. So the hanger tip faces the quarter panel.. So I looked and on the 98 it still has the spot where the 94-97 mounts theirs.. So all that should be needed to do is use that hanger mount from the body on 94-97 and the 94-97 tail pipes should fit 98 bodies..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online