99-04 Rear End in 94-98

Deceptive GT

Reaction score
Anyone ever do this? I know it is possible. I was thinking of doing it in my Cobra. Any pics of before and after?

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
If my mind recalls correctly, the 99up are longer, but should still bolt up

OP
OP
Deceptive GT

Deceptive GT

Reaction score
If my mind recalls correctly, the 99up are longer, but should still bolt up

Correct, I think it is about an inch and a half wider for the 99-04 than the 94-98. It makes the tires a little more flush or should with the body lines.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I already have my suspension for the car and an IRS is not so great at the power level I want to be at. At least not the IRS we have to use.

I meant the IRS fits without much issue so the stick will fit also, same size and all.

Tony Corley

Reaction score
It bolts in, is 3/4" wider per side. The lower bolt holes are larger, so you will need to change the rear bushings in your lower control arms, or use lowers from a 99-04. It fits, but I don't see any advantage too it. More rotating weight and more unsprung weight, not to mention changing the front and rear track width. I'm actually going the opposite way and putting Fox length axles in my '94, and changing the front lower control arms to Fox width. Cut down on unspung weight and allow a better offset on the rear wheel, and tuck the fronts under the car more.

RichV

Reaction score
It bolts in, is 3/4" wider per side. The lower bolt holes are larger, so you will need to change the rear bushings in your lower control arms, or use lowers from a 99-04. It fits, but I don't see any advantage too it. More rotating weight and more unsprung weight, not to mention changing the front and rear track width. I'm actually going the opposite way and putting Fox length axles in my '94, and changing the front lower control arms to Fox width. Cut down on unspung weight and allow a better offset on the rear wheel, and tuck the fronts under the car more.

But you want track width for better handling, no? That is a benefit, same with using wheel spacers to maximize the width.

Tony Corley

Reaction score
I am a drag racer, so I always think along those lines. But even at that, why not run the shorter axles for less reciprocating weight, and just change wheel offset to adjust track width?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markstang73

Members online