A/C Help on my 98 GT

Supreme

Reaction score
So first of all I'm not a mechanic so i don't know much about how my car runs. So about two years ago i decided to get my AC fixed and my cousins friend who knows a shit load about cars told me he'd fix my AC. If i put free on in my car it will work the problem is my car doesn't hold the free on because of a leak. So he told me the part i needed which i forgot the name but its in the picture below.
DoKBIWD.jpg

So after i got the part from auto zone, i went to my cousins house to see if we could install it ourselves, after we found the part that i needed to replace, the part in my car only had 2 wires unlike the part i bought which had 4 wires. We concluded that it was the wrong part and i never got around to try solving the problem until now years later.

So i have a few questions..

Whats the part in the picture called?
Why is that the part in my car only had 2 wires and is that norm for all other 98 mustang GTs?
Is it easy installing this piece? and what else is needed in order to fix my AC?

Any help is appreciated i really need to get my AC fixed as its burning hot down here in California :(

ster302

Reaction score
That appears to be the harness pigtail for the pressure cycling switch, is yours broke? How did you guys come to the conclusion that there wasn't any refrigerant in the system? Does your buddy own a gauge set to check pressures with?

OP
OP
Supreme

Supreme

Reaction score
That appears to be the harness pigtail for the pressure cycling switch, is yours broke? How did you guys come to the conclusion that there wasn't any refrigerant in the system? Does your buddy own a gauge set to check pressures with?
Yes he did have some sort of gauge that he tested it with. Im guessing it did brake, it looked exactly like the one pictured but just connected by two wires. Do you know if the part i bought is supposed to have 4 wires or two? or is the one in my car supposed to have 4 of them? thanks for the reply btw.

ster302

Reaction score
Usually the low pressure switch is a two wire and should be located at the accumulator on the firewall, the harness you have is for the cycling switch located on the high side line coming off the compressor going to the condenser. Got any pics of the broken part?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online