A/C Not Getting Cold.

Snarf

Reaction score
Foster98GT said:
I Just noticed today when my A/C is on the thing at the bottom of the motor that has the belt going around it, i believe its the Compressor. Its turning for about 3 seconds and stopping and turning again. Anyone know what might be the prob?

I'd say check your low pressure switch first. Its the cheapest part in the systme and is more prone to breakage than you would think. Its possible to switch is bad.

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
It sounds like your compressor is working properly. It sounds like your expansion valve is o.k. Your receiver/dryer could be saturated. That is your A/C filter, it has desicant in it to suck the moisture out of the system. Your best bet would be to bring the car to the shop so they could put the recycling machine on it. They could check you high side and low side presures, and make sure it is cycling properly. They would run it into a vacuum to make sure you don't have any leaks. Also they could run your R134A through the recycling machine and take out all the impuriteis in the system. They would also make sure you have enough oil in the system.

If you have never had your A/C serviced and putting a shot of R134A did not help and the compressor is cycling properly, I would put money on the receiver/dryer being no good. There may be a small sight glass on the receiver/dryer blue is good red is saturated.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online