A Few Shots Of Me

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Car looks great, as far as the tips, I did my exhaust myself and it came out perfect. I dont let shops go near that stuff b/c they will screw it up, from the factory, the mac exhaust will line up perfect. They probably mixed up the flow tubes and then bent it to get it to work instead of swapping the tubes.

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Sure. These are old and tiny though.
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/1/web/565000-565999/565009_54_full.jpg[/im]
[img]http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/1/web/565000-565999/565009_55_full.jpg
565009_71_full.jpg

565009_90_full.jpg

565009_91_full.jpg

I love my exhaust, if I had the money, I'd get the same for the Cobra.

theponyfactor

Reaction score
i have the mac catback and have had problems getting mine to line up perfect. is the pipe that connects to the y-pipe supposed to be on a certain way? ill probably mess with it some more when i get a chance.

Picture006.jpg

you can see the right one is a little off comapred to the left.....

OP
OP
F

Foster98GT

Reaction score
Wheew! Im inside and out right now tring to slide mt tips futher under my car. My passerger side pipe fits very close when it goes over my axle....My tips have neva lined up correctly...they are walleyed.

....PONYFACTOR, how do you get yours to sit so close to the bumper?

theponyfactor

Reaction score
you have them adjusted on the hangers for the tips? Thats where i do the adjusting for up and down. I had a lot of problems when doing this exhaust...i am very satisfied with sound/look, but it sucked for me to install.

OP
OP
F

Foster98GT

Reaction score
:'( Man the rain wont stop! I found the up down adjustment.... i knew that's what it was. it was blocked by the bumper support. i didn't think about sliding the bolt out.

The more i look at my exhaust the more i know that jackass at midas screwed up my install. I can move my passenger pipe maybe an inch before it hits something. No wonder i hear all kinds of crap rattling when i hit bumps.

94gtstang50

Reaction score
lol, yea, it was a battle for a while to get mine right, I finally got under there with my dad for a few hours and we got it perfect.

theponyfactor

Reaction score
Yea I had a rattle after I first installed it, but then I went under there and moved it around so it didn't hit anything. You really have to loosen almost all the bolts, move it how you want it, and then tighten everything down. Maybe have someone help you and hold it in place. Only problem I have with moving mine around is that the pipes are very close to hitting my tires. I'm working on fixing my beater right now, so once I get that out of the garage, I'll bring my stang in and see if I can get some more info. Otherwise just mess with it.

theponyfactor

Reaction score
Mine is not lowered yet so a lot of times if im messing with the exhaust ill just lay on the garage floor and do it. Otherwise when i did the exhaust i had it backed up on some ramps. My tips were VERY close when coming off of them. Also, make sure the ramps don't slide out when you drive off, if you put it up. Mine did the first time, and it scared the sh*t out of me. My tips were soooo close to hitting and then the car dropped on me :slap: Luckily everything was fine.

94gtstang50

Reaction score
I use the trusty old floor jack and jack stands. Might pick up some ramps at work when I get some extra cash.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online