A list of gremlins

93volpe

Reaction score
I've been searching for a while for this answer but no one has been able to or will lead me in the right direction.
The car is a 2002 V6 AOD-E with roughly 160k. The previous owner "dualed" the exhaust cuttin out the exh manifold attachments off the "Y" and running 2" pipe to a muffler on each side. They also did a "Super Chips" fuel economy tuner but left the tuner out of the car( it is a "salvage" due to the bumper cover and headlight being cracked from nipping a deer)

The car RAN great, then one day after sitting, the battery was low so boosted it to put a few miles on it and keep it dependable.After getting back from a 10 mile "round the block trip, it was parked for 2 days. Car starts, and on the way out the driveway (1/2 mile) it feels like it's still in 1st, after getting on the road, sure enoigh ....no shift. I put it in Neutral the back to Drive, still 1st, so I cycle the ignition off the crank back up. It shifts hard through the gears and into overdrive, but now the O/D light is flashing, the speedo/tach and a couple other gages are inop, plus the odometer is stuck with a non changing mileage and flashing. No fault "P" codes come up . After getting back and trying to research this weirdness, I go out to start it and no fuel pump activity, Eng turns over but never even thinks about starting. I know the CCRM controls the fuel pump, but can it cause all these other gremlins? Do I need to take the new tires and black Bullitts off and just go visit the crusher?:D:D:D

Reaction score
Get a new battery. I had this happen on a Firebird , the battery had to be boosted a few times but the car wouldn't run properly. The car would start , just not run right. All of the relays switches and sensors need a constant voltage and some of the voltage is very low but must be constant. Your weak battery is causing all those electronics to malfunction. After a few days of wondering why my car was running so lousy my mechanic friend told me to put a new battery in the car. The computer reset, the car started to run the way it should and within a block of driving it I knew it was fixed and it had been the battery all along. My experience, hope it works for you .

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If there’s a dead cell it can cause that. Get a battery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If there’s a dead cell it can cause that. Get a battery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
93volpe

93volpe

Reaction score
That never crossed my mind, y'all ! I appreciate that. Hopefully we can get this thing on the road again. I'll post an update when we get it swapped.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online