About to do complete detail Help?

02GT

Reaction score
Ok well for my usual detailing jobs I do for my family's cars I usually do a step process that goes something like Wash,Dry,Clay Bar, Paint cleaner,polish,wax for the outside. Which does a pretty good job, but Id like to know if theres any alternatives to that process that has better outcomes. Also, I have the stock 96 cobra wheels, any suggestions on how to clean those?

Thanks

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
That is the typical way to detail. I don't use a paint cleaner but I guess it wouldn't hurt and I also don't dry it after I wash it because the claybar puts water on it anyways.

For the wheels I'd just wash them with normal soap and brush. I'm not too sure about the finish on them but it wouldn't hurt to wax them. If you're OCD like me you can take the wheels off and clean the insides and backs too.

OP
OP

02GT

Reaction score
Yeah I usually just jack the car up to clean the inside of the wheels. But for claybarring I usually use the quick detailer instead of soapy water but ive heard soapy water is a better lubricant.

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
RubiconSix96Cobra said:
Yeah I usually just jack the car up to clean the inside of the wheels. But for claybarring I usually use the quick detailer instead of soapy water but ive heard soapy water is a better lubricant.

I've tried both but like quick detailer a little better.

OP
OP

02GT

Reaction score
yeah, this weekend is the complete detail of the car to see what she really looks like. Shes beautiful unclean, i cant wait to see her CLEAN

wytstang

Reaction score
If you really want to go to the next level you'll need a good buffer. Not the walmart special eithers, talk with juzstang owner of obsessivedetail.com and see what he can do for you.

OP
OP

02GT

Reaction score
yeah I was thinking about getting a PC,but no money right now just gotta get the payments in control for this mystic and ill be able to start doing things.

OP
OP

02GT

Reaction score
i posted some in the members ride section after my clean up. Now its just a matter of keeping the car lol. But I think that is all worked out hopefully.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
All that detailing work for nothing......they jacked your mystic

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sn95tre

Members online